Close

Thread: Up in Flagstaff

Default Up in Flagstaff

Just saw the AZ tab in the regional, just thought I would say hello.

I have a 86 GT 5 speed California car. All original cept the doofus put stereo in the doors so I have replaced them with updated speakers, wish there were no door speakers at all. I have put Magnaflow cat back on it and it has a five lug swap, unknown rear end at this point.

Looking for 94-96 Cobra rims and all necessary battery tray and tie down stuff.
    Darrin
    86 Mustang GT
    98 Jeep XJ
    99 F150 4x4
    08 Civic Si

NAU alum here.

Is the Route 66 Car Show on schedule for this coming early Sept? You'll have to show your 86 there and meet the groups which come up from Tucson, Southern Az Mustang Club, and Phoenix, Copperstate Mustang Club.
    Last edited by arvak; 03-04-2010 at 09:22 PM.
    My 4 Mustangs:
    64.5 K Coupe
    66 A fb
    82 GT w/T-top
    86 SVO

As far as I know the show is still on....I would love to meet some other mustang guys.
    Darrin
    86 Mustang GT
    98 Jeep XJ
    99 F150 4x4
    08 Civic Si

You ever had that Mini Cooper down Oak Creek Canyon at SPEED?
    My 4 Mustangs:
    64.5 K Coupe
    66 A fb
    82 GT w/T-top
    86 SVO

Sure have....tires screaming....it's my wife's car and she does auto-x in it and may do a track day or two.

Just put on new heavier rear swaybar, adjustable end links, short shifter....and as soon as I am done putting the lift on my FJ I will be putting a smaller supercharger pulley and lightened crank pulley on it. Hopefully I will be close to stock HP at altitude then.
    Darrin
    86 Mustang GT
    98 Jeep XJ
    99 F150 4x4
    08 Civic Si

Why I ask about the Cooper, @ SPEED, and down Oak Creek Canyon is WAY BACK in the "dark ages" when Flagstaff was a small town(tho the city limits have never changed!), 1963 thru 1968 when I got my Math/Engr. BS, a good buddy and I were always doing crazy things on that curvey, narrow road. I never could quite attain his speeds, times in my 63 Corvair as he had an Austin Mini Cooper. Then he gave me a passenger-seat ride once which I will ALWAYS remember....... I had to hang on for dear life as he had that li'l 4 banger and all 4 tires singing in HIGH soprano! Oh, the memories give me grey hairs of the stupid things I did back then....but they were FUN !
    My 4 Mustangs:
    64.5 K Coupe
    66 A fb
    82 GT w/T-top
    86 SVO