Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No it won’t. You have to massage the strut tower with a ball peen hammer. Keep tapping it, and trial fitting.

^^^ and slot the two inboard holes in the firewall or all four??
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

That’s with the sn95 booster, the 93 has the same bolt pattern

I thought slotting was to help install either booster.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

Personally, I see this as a junk "upgrade. The stock booster works perfectly with an M1858 master cyl and provides the exact same end result without all the drama.

Just my $0.02 on it. This is what I'm running in my 1986GT. It has 99 dual piston calipers with drilled/slotted rotors an HPS pads.

A good friend of mine runs 04 Cobra brakes in front with the same master cyl. His car also behaves very well. Stopping power wise, there is no difference between our cars on the initial hits. After they get hot the larger brakes prove better.

I'm going Cobra F/R disc brakes
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

The master cyl I'm suggesting is $20 at the Mcparts store. It bolts up to the booster. One line is a direct bolton. The other line uses an adapter sold by the Mcparts store off the shelf.

This compared to differences in brake line SAE vs metric, also line route/design challenges. All needless drama!

I would not bother with the Cobra setup until checking out how an M1858 feels with the stock booster. Its really good and most definitely all 99.99% of the universe will "need".

The cobra brakes work extremely well with the setup I'm suggesting.

The usual stuff still applies -- recommend braided lines and high end brake fluid and HPS pads and slotted rotors while you are at it.......

The majority of cars on the road are challenged to stop as quickly as my 1986GT with this setup. My new Lincoln certainly won't. My father-in-law's Z06 also won't. I've also played with suspension and was careful with tire selection.

+$0.02 - YMMV

I may not replace the booster at first, just to see how the pedal effort is.

I do have all of the parts and adapter lines for the MC.
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12