Close

Default 90 hatch on an 86?

will a 90 hatch on an 86?
    thank
    1985.5 Jalapeno Red SVO

Yeah but if its a GT hatch than your gonna have to drill holes for the 86 spoiler. Also you gonna have one of those hatch covers which are really nice.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Quote Originally Posted by 85 GT Kid View Post
    Yeah but if its a GT hatch than your gonna have to drill holes for the 86 spoiler. Also you gonna have one of those hatch covers which are really nice.
    Our 86 is a GT

1) wont the spoiler from the 90 be the same as an 86?

2) hatch covers? are you referring to the in side trim on the under side of the hatch or the cargo cover?
    thanks again
    1985.5 Jalapeno Red SVO

No 87+ GTs had a diff spoiler but 87-93 LXs had the same spoiler.

The hatch cover im referring to is a hard plastic piece that screws onto the hatch where the caps are for the nuts on the spoiler. I'd take a pic of my LX but its not here and its missing the stupid thing.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

1) If the 90 is an LX then it would be the same.

2) Yes, the under side of the hatch.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

I put a 90LX spoiler on an 86 SVO bi-wing delete car (orig unit was damaged). It bolted up fine, open/closed, and looked identical to the orignal (the oxford white paint even matched.) The only discrepancy I noted was the under hatch plastic cover that came on the SVO would not mount up unless you drilled a few holes and mounted up the 2 small L brackets under the hatch that were on the original SVO hatch.

Hope that helps.
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

FEP Member

I have a '90ish GT hatch on my '86...if you want a pic or 2
    Attached Images Attached Images