Close

Default I'm scared of my dash!!!

I am doing an Auto to Maunal swap and took the whole pedal assembly out of the donor car. I had to take the entire dash apart to get it out. Once it was out I saw that the clutch assembly simply slid through the pedal frame, so I took that out and tried to slide it into my existing pedal assembly but am having trouble. Do I really have to tear apart my dash in order to get this clutch pedal assembly in?!

All I did was remove the steering column and the driver seat (to get in there easier to work).Took about 2 hours.Not that big of a deal.Lot's of light helps as well.No,you don't have to take the entire dash apart.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler

+1 dash does not have to come out. Just had to drop the column, unhood the brake light switch, brake booster rod, and the under dash triangle brace.
    88 LX - Wide Body
    84 GT - Wide Body
    94 Ford F-350
    63 Ford Fairlane
    03 GT

my site --> www.franknstangs.com

FEP Member

Ditto on what they said, seat &column gotta come out and dont't forget you have one stud/bolt straight up at 12'clock where the column sits that ties the dash frame and your pedal kit together.Other than the top lefthand booster/pedal kit bolt shouldn't be too bad;I sometimes remove the neutral safety switch on the manual pedals to get better acess to that top lefthand bolt.

Yeah I just kinda started going at it and found that I needed to do what you all have said. Steering column came down and seat came out, I got the old assembly out and I will be putting in the clutch assembly tonight. Thanks fellas.

You're welcome.
    '88 T-Bird Sport Twisted Wedge heads,3G,,Trick Flow R intake,Scorpion rockers,Ed Curtis cam,BBK headers,Mass Air with 24's,X-Pipe, Flomaster mufflers,75mm t-body,T-5, MGW shifter,Mach 1 chin spoiler,Bullitt gas lid,deep Cobra R wheels,Taurus fan,3.73 gears,140mph speedo,CHE control arms, custom Hood with ''72 Torino scoop, custom trunk lid with integrated spoiler