Close

Default New Scans of My Long Lost 85 Dominator

Found a cool site in KC for nostalgic photos so I wanted to submit some photos of my Dominator. Here is what I submitted. Many have already seen these. But these are better scans than my previous.
    http://www.oldkc.com

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...minatorGma.png
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Neither here nor there

Very cool Steve!

I was messing around with your pic a bit, might be able to do more to it after too.

Very cool man.
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

That looks awesome after a little photoshop magic.
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

FEP Senior Member 85 Speedfreak's Avatar

Very cool!Someday these will be well known and you are in on the front end.
    Automatics are for girls

Hey thanks guys!

Very cool Jeff! Btw those splash guards/mud flaps you see on the car were Ford Motorsport!! Only picture I have where can see that.. you have to know what your looking at because its through the car window of another car.
    Steve
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Update... One step closer to finding this car. Tonight I talked to the last owner of it. He lost control on a slick road back in the fall of 1994 and rolled the car. Insurance totaled it. He wanted to but couldn't afford to buy it back. He is going to be sending me before and after pictures when he gets a chance to go to his parents and scan them. It feels good to finally know what happened to it. He is also going to contact his insurance agent and see if they have any information on what happened to it.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

Kind of a downer, knowing it's gone. I hope to run across some of my old vehicles again someday. If I knew they were in a junkyard somewhere, with no chance of running across them, I'd be bummed out.
    On the bright side, I guess you have some closure, and you still have a nice looking Dominator to enjoy.
    Keep us posted.
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Bummer Steve! Hard to put a rollover back together, if you can even find it!
    2012 Boss 302

1985 Canyon Red GT "Dominator package" T-Tops . . 7 year restoration

1986 GT Conv. (Rare Black/Tan combo) Original 58k car

1985.5 SVO . . #242 of 439, #50 of 75 1B Medium Charcoal Metallic 4 year restoration

Thanks guys. Yes it was kind of hard to hear. Looking at pictures of it will probably be tough. I just have a strong feeling though that I will find it... and if I do... I need to pull it out of the ******... and bring it back to life.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

I promised myself I wouldn't cry... I didn't keep my promise

Honestly though, if she didn't go to the crusher. It was certainly was save-able 10 years ago...

I will post up some pictures later.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

So Sweet!

So Sad!

More Pictures here:

Photobucket Album
    Steve
    Previously owned:

holy crap. i hope all goes well with the search!!

That is painful to see. Hopefully no one was hurt. Did you get the whole story of the accident, and what happened to the car after? We want details! What is your plan now?
    1982 Dominator GT
    *1st Dominator ever sold and
    autographed by Jackie Stewart *
    1993 Corvette
    2005 Roush Mustang
    2008 Escape
    (DD)

Lost control going to work on a wet road near Holden Mo. Insurance totaled it. He wanted to buy it back but couldn't afford what they asked for it. Carfax shows sale at salvage auction and car has not been registered since. He is still with the same insurance company so that is where we will start.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

I know this is an old thread but I noticed you mentioned Holden. That's my hometown. I actually have a Kingsville address but graduated from Holden in '89. My wife works at the school. Me and the kids still play ball in town. Where were you working at the time? What hwy lead to the demise? sorry so many questions but with a town as small has holden we might know some of the same people.

Chuck I sent you a PM with the name of the guy who was going to work and totaled the car near Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I noticed you mentioned Holden. That's my hometown. I actually have a Kingsville address but graduated from Holden in '89. My wife works at the school. Me and the kids still play ball in town. Where were you working at the time? What hwy lead to the demise? sorry so many questions but with a town as small has holden we might know some of the same people.
    Steve
    Previously owned:

I was an insurance adjuster covering Holden,MO (Johnson County) back in 1994 for MO Farm Bureau but I would have remembered this car if I worked it. Do you know who the insurance co was?

I had the guy who rolled it contact his agent and they didn't have any information. Those pictures were at Reed's Autobody there in Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    I was an insurance adjuster covering Holden,MO (Johnson County) back in 1994 for MO Farm Bureau but I would have remembered this car if I worked it. Do you know who the insurance co was?
    Steve
    Previously owned: