Close

Default 93 stang k-member into 79 futura

i picked up a 93 mustang lx 4cyl k-member for my 79 futura any problems i might run into? still has a arms and brakes. also what year motor mounts will work with this k member? thanks in advance. p.s. i am asking because i swear i read the newer foxes front wheels sit forward like 2 inches or somthin along those lines. i will be running 16 inch ponies. again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CanyonGT View Post
    i picked up a 93 mustang lx 4cyl k-member for my 79 futura any problems i might run into?
    On the rear tabs of the K member, the distance of the inner bolt location changes. You will have to drill/grind the slot on the body tabs to match the K members. Not hard to do. But you will need to use the later nut-serts.
    still has a arms and brakes. also what year motor mounts will work with this k member?
    You may use the later one piece engine mounts.
    thanks in advance. p.s. i am asking because i swear i read the newer foxes front wheels sit forward like 2 inches or somthin along those lines. i will be running 16 inch ponies. again thanks.
    For ROTM Mustangs the wheelbase did not change on the Fox Chassis. The track width did indeed change on '88-'93 cars. '88 and later will be 52.37" from BJ to BJ and '87 earlier will be 51.37" from BJ to BJ.
    Or at the front of the K member where the FLCA bolts are, measure CL to CL and it should be 23.75" where-as the earlier cars will be 22.75"

Forward offset Control arms and bushings, along with K members can be purchased to increase wheelbase.
    But factory cars are all the same.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers

thank you very much. later nut serts? can i buy these somewhere?

thank you very much. later nut serts? can i buy these somewhere?
    For a 90 Mustang I have. 'Callout name:5B030 Frame Crossmember Plate' Listed as 24.94 each

Might be cheaper to just scrounge around the local yards for 83-93 cars for those brackets.
    -Michael
    '79 Fairmont 5dr 'car guy safe' MM Tech Tips StopTech Brake Bias StopTech White Papers