Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by colonialmotion View Post
    i see my car in the registry!!

but i thought it was something more detailed, like current owner,
    location, pics, ect..
    Yes, I have a little more info on each one, including the 'site I found it on, the owner's name, vehicle status (destroyed/wrecked/crushed, body or engine conversion, title issues, etc.), and options. I cut off that info from view because it associates an owner name with a VIN. Since that info can be sensitive for some owners, I through it better to not put it in public view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfox View Post
    Using the link I can only view up to # 107. Gives me one of my cars.
    How can I view the rest?. The second is a high build #.

Many Thanks.
    What you see is a screen capture, and those are all I could fit on my screen. The replica Pace Cars records start at row 65 so what you see there are only the first 43 PC VINs that I have.

Once we get somewhere to put the info, such as the new 'site Ed will unveil with the self-registration and info sharing, I'll enter it all there.

I like the idea of using the site/forum registration process to entice the member to share
    their Pace Car VIN and general information. One thing you could do is offer something in
    exchange for becoming a registered owner/member. Like, "Become a registered pace car
    owner/member, and make a $10 donation, and we will send you a Certificate suitable for
    displaying on your wall, at car shows, or club events.

That not only helps build a database, it also helps fund the site.

Here are a couple Pace Cars I found in a small, private, Mustang-only junk yard yesterday while pulling some parts for my GT. I will go back and get the VINs and give them to FoxChassis.
    Last edited by mustangmania; 03-30-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmania View Post
    Here are a couple Pace Cars I found in a small, private, Mustang-only junk yard yesterday while pulling some parts for my GT. I will go back and get the VINs and give them to FoxChassis.
    hey that second one has a rear wiper hatch back!

Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79 View Post
    hey that second one has a rear wiper hatch back!
    Parts from these cars are available. Owned by a friend of mine and he needs to get all of these cars off of his property (residential) soon before the County shuts him down. But I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll post something in the FYI section soon.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Get the buck Tags and VC Label data too!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Get the buck Tags and VC Label data too!
    Will do.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

Cool ANOTHER PACE CAR FOUND

Recent Auction in New Zealand had a 1979 Mustang listed still LHD but it had been issued with a new NZ Vin number.

A little digging came up with its origional Vin #.

Car colour listed was Gold?, pic shows its more like Pewter, and info with the car said it origionaly was a Turbo four Cylinder, but now converted to 5 litre HO, 5 Speed and 8.8 rear.

Managed to contact the owner who was selling through the Auction and he had some origional paperwork when he had bought the car through an importer.

Had been resprayed and changed before importation to NZ and does not have a Buck Tag or Certification Label, but he did provide me with its origional Vin Number.

9R03W481073. A Turbo Pace Car.

FoxChassis another for your records.

Any further news on reviving or restarting the Pace Car Registry?.

Cheers from Australia.

CURRENT RIDES AND PROJECTS
    1979 Pace Car 15,000 miles
    Canadian 1979 Pace Car
    1991 GT Convertible RHD(SOLD)
    Sept 17th 1964 Mustang Fastback Quad Cam 4.6 RHD
    1965 Mustang Coupe. 5 Litre AOD RHD
    1960 Thunderbird, 1963 Thunderbird (SOLD)
    1968 AMX Group 19 390 RHD
    1977 Hornet AMX 304, 1980 Spirit AMX 360
    2010 FG XR6 PHANTOM Falcon Ute

I have a pace car I live in VT and I have never registered it on a website. Where do I go? Also I do I put a pic of my pace car on THIS site? I have one of the pace cars that were sold in Canada. Km speedo, and frame has been oiled over the years. It has 30k miles. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfox View Post
    Recent Auction in New Zealand had a 1979 Mustang listed still LHD but it had been issued with a new NZ Vin number.

A little digging came up with its origional Vin #.

Car colour listed was Gold?, pic shows its more like Pewter, and info with the car said it origionaly was a Turbo four Cylinder, but now converted to 5 litre HO, 5 Speed and 8.8 rear.

Managed to contact the owner who was selling through the Auction and he had some origional paperwork when he had bought the car through an importer.

Had been resprayed and changed before importation to NZ and does not have a Buck Tag or Certification Label, but he did provide me with its origional Vin Number.

9R03W481073. A Turbo Pace Car.

FoxChassis another for your records.

Any further news on reviving or restarting the Pace Car Registry?.

Cheers from Australia.

Ausfox. I inherited the Pace Car site however due to a miscommunication I was provided with no files. While I've meant to resurrect it, I've had a crazy year.

There is an OFFICIAL 1979 Pace Car Registry. They are based out of Lakewood, Colorado, and it's run by William Puck. I can find his contact info to put you in touchwith him if you would like to officially register with him.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I tried to go to the 79indypacecar.com website for the first time today and got a message that the domain name has expired.
    Did this site actually close?
    Saleen Club of America - Texas State Rep
    www.saleenclubofamerica.com

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    Ausfox. I inherited the Pace Car site however due to a miscommunication I was provided with no files. While I've meant to resurrect it, I've had a crazy year.

There is an OFFICIAL 1979 Pace Car Registry. They are based out of Lakewood, Colorado, and it's run by William Puck. I can find his contact info to put you in touchwith him if you would like to officially register with him.
    Ed, is it safe to say that you will not be resurrecting the the 79indypacecar site?

Also, is William Puck still around? Can you send me his contact number?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mustangmania; 10-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT w/T-Tops

I actually lost the domain to godaddy as I somehow never got an email for renewal. I actually have a revised look to the site to stand up but then never got to it as my workload at the office tripled earlier this year after a promotion. also as the previous site admin was only mildly tech savvy a lot of files were lost in the initial transfer process.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12