Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i was trying to get the torque arm mount on the torque arm under my cobra. this requires a large rubber mallot. i had to lay on my side and swing as hard as i could over and over. well after i started to get tired, i also got sloppy with my aiming skills. i needed 2 more swings. so i took a couple seconds to relax, then with everything i had left in my body i swung as hard as i could.......WHACK!!!!!!..........yeeeeeeppp.... i somehow managed to miss the torque arm mount....this resulted in a full swing blow to the boys. i hurt so bad, that i laid right there on my side, tucked up in a ball and didnt say anything but "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" for about 5-10 minutes. i stood up...grabbed the few tools i had out. i put them away and went home and went to bed. the next day i swung twice and it was in
    79 cobra- rockin the efi 2.3T again.

2007 lifted F-350 Lariat Outlaw 4x4
    83 Porsche 944
    01 GSXR 1000

Sold: 96 f-350, 69 baja bug, 86 XJS v12, jeep j-3000, wagoneer, 95 f-250, 89 LX 5.0 and a few others

Quote Originally Posted by 7t9cobra View Post
    i was trying to get the torque arm mount on the torque arm under my cobra. this requires a large rubber mallot. i had to lay on my side and swing as hard as i could over and over. well after i started to get tired, i also got sloppy with my aiming skills. i needed 2 more swings. so i took a couple seconds to relax, then with everything i had left in my body i swung as hard as i could.......WHACK!!!!!!..........yeeeeeeppp.... i somehow managed to miss the torque arm mount....this resulted in a full swing blow to the boys. i hurt so bad, that i laid right there on my side, tucked up in a ball and didnt say anything but "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" for about 5-10 minutes. i stood up...grabbed the few tools i had out. i put them away and went home and went to bed. the next day i swung twice and it was in
    Ye-ouch!

That is too painful to be funny.
    1987 Mustang GT
    S trim. 10.85 at 128. stock short block and stock T5.

2002 Mustang GT convertible.
    auto with 4.10's and tune.

2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe.
    11.33 at 127 bone stock everything.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7t9cobra View Post
    I feel your pain but your description had me rolling. Sorry!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

i had a recent one

me and my dad were swaping out the steering column on his 89 silverado and i couldnt take off this damn on thing so i got the hammer and kept pounding the hell outta it but i kept hitting my thumb!
    lol
    i knew it but was so pissed i kept doing it with out noticing i was getting bruised!
    after it alli was in pain!
    hahaha oh well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12