Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beloit get together 2010

For some reason I've tried to post this 4 times tonight, and each time I finish and try to submit it tells me I,m not logged in. So I'm trying a shorter post this time before I get out the .45 and start blasting. The Beloit Mustang/Capris get together is on for Saturday, June 12th. There's some exciting news about this event but I've tried to post all of it and won't let me. So I'll keep this short. Anyone interested let me know, and I'll fill everyone in on future posts.

Hey I'm in. Where are you going to have it, your place?
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

Hi Andy. Yes it'll be at my place. There's going to be a pig roast, and a barrel of Lienies. It,ll start at 10a.m. The cruise will start at 4p.m. If anyone wants to bring their kids I even got something special planned for them. Also, I visited a retoration shop in Machesney Park Ill. and talked to one of the owners. He said he'll help promote it, and bring acouple of their cars. One is a 67 resto mod with a 32v mod motor. He told me that he's bringing the very first Boss 429 built to his shop to display. I'm gonna try to get that one also. He said the car only has 300 miles.

if im up and running by then i will def make the cruise. pm me the info
    There is no replacement for Displacement, but Forced Induction knows NO LIMITS!!!

--Alex

Quote Originally Posted by 83Fox View Post
    if im up and running by then i will def make the cruise. pm me the info
    Even if your not, your still invited to join in on the get together. I'm hoping for a big turnout, and for everyone to have a good time.

Sounds like a good time. I'm in!!
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

I'm gonna try too. I may just be in for the cruise since I may have to work.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

I'll have to check also.
    Dan
    ______

1983 GLX Convertible
    1992 Summer Special (hers)
    2007 Mustang- Grabber Orange

2005 Explorer Sport Trac

Had- 1983 Mustang GL hatch....Sigh

Thanks fellas. Now were cookin. Pass the word. All years of Mustangs and Capris are welcome. The location is 2168 Winchester Dr. in Beloit. It's not hard to find. It's right next to the old Manor by the new Menards. You can bring a dish to pass and some lawn chairs if you like. I'll keep everyone posted if there are any changes, but as it stands now, the date and times are solid.

Count me in, too... Not sure if I'll drive my '85 up there or not... remember what happened on the way home from the Fond Du Lac picnic ! LoL

I'll see if I can borrow a trailer

Scott
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT
    Medium Canyon Red Metallic Exterior ~ Sand Beige / Buckskin Interior

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT40 View Post
    Count me in, too... Not sure if I'll drive my '85 up there or not... remember what happened on the way home from the Fond Du Lac picnic ! LoL

I'll see if I can borrow a trailer

Scott
    if you bring a trailer, you wont break down. but if you dont bring a trailer, you will.

thats just how it works
    Build your own dreams or help someone else build theirs!

67 Mustang Coupe-Rusty Parts Car
    79 Mustang Cobra- Garage Art/Project Car 11.3@118mph on a 150 shot
    84 Mustang Gt- Bolt On Fun Car
    97 Wrangler Sport- Lifted on 33's - Trail Rig
    08 Mustang Gt- Bolt Ons, 12.89@109

Quote Originally Posted by jvaughan View Post
    if you bring a trailer, you wont break down. but if you dont bring a trailer, you will.

thats just how it works
    Ah yes... The dichotomy of owning a 25 year old car with 220,000 miles on it ...
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Just thought I'd bring everyone up to date on the Beloit get together. It's definitely on for June 12th. It'll start at 10am, with a cruise to start at 4pm.

The address is 2168 Winchester Dr. Beloit Wi. If anyone needs to contact me my phone numbers are: HOME 608-364-0800, CELL 608-751-9653.

There will be plenty of nice parking spaces. If you like bring some lawn chairs and/or a dish to pass. Hope to have a good turnout. So pass the word.

Quote Originally Posted by gt pony View Post
    Just thought I'd bring everyone up to date on the Beloit get together. It's definitely on for June 12th. It'll start at 10am, with a cruise to start at 4pm.

The address is 2168 Winchester Dr. Beloit Wi. If anyone needs to contact me my phone numbers are: HOME 608-364-0800, CELL 608-751-9653.

There will be plenty of nice parking spaces. If you like bring some lawn chairs and/or a dish to pass. Hope to have a good turnout. So pass the word.
    I will be there !
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Have you posted an invite at svoca? If not, (I haven't seen it), would it be ok if I did?
    Thanks.
    Andy G.
    1986 Mustang GT vert, 2R, original owner, 5 spd, 19k miles
    1986 Mustang SVO, 1C, comp prep, 3rd owner, 48k miles
    1989 Ranger GT -SOLD-
    2004 T-Bird, triple black, SST

Quote Originally Posted by gt pony View Post
    Hi Andy. Yes it'll be at my place. There's going to be a pig roast, and a barrel of Lienies. It,ll start at 10a.m. The cruise will start at 4p.m. If anyone wants to bring their kids I even got something special planned for them. Also, I visited a retoration shop in Machesney Park Ill. and talked to one of the owners. He said he'll help promote it, and bring acouple of their cars. One is a 67 resto mod with a 32v mod motor. He told me that he's bringing the very first Boss 429 built to his shop to display. I'm gonna try to get that one also. He said the car only has 300 miles.
    It looks like we're going to bring one or both of the the girlfriend's little guys up with us for the BBQ... The younger one is especially excited and wants to know what activities might be in store ?

Looks like we might actually be driving the GT up, since its not too far from Aurora... I'm lookin' forward to it !
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Any idea how many people are gonna be showing up...and how many Mustangs ?
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Not sure Scott. I'm still working with Tim Barth at Mr. Norms Garage in Machesney Park IL. As soon as I get him more info he's going to put it on more websites. As of now I'm hoping for at least 25 to 50 vehicles to attend, but that can change rather quickly. I do have some commitments from the Milwaukee area, Edgerton, Janesville, and Beloit. The more the merrier. It's still 6 weeks away, and I'm working on getting more participants.

Well everyone the Beloit get together is 10 days away. The pig has been ordered, and so has the beer. The only thing that isn't sure just yet is the weather. Let's hope it turns out OK. I hope every one can attend, so tell your friends and fellow enthusiasts. I'll be checking in again as the day approaches.

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

I have the day off and plan on being there. Not sure about the family though. What are the activities for the kids?
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

I have an ARGO. It's a 6 wheel drive, all terrain, amphibious vehicle. It seats 4 or 5. There are areas in my neighborhood where we can go off trail. I know the kids will enjoy riding in it.

Any idea yet how many will be showing up for this??
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Not exactly sure at this point. Maybe more than 20 or 30. Right now, I got a confirmation that Duane Myers of American Hot Rod fame is going to be there. He's from Beloit, and visiting his mother. As long as I'm currently online, it looks like the weather will be iffy, let's hope that the rain holds off.
    Also, the Beloit city manager will be there with two Mustangs, and the city attorney.
    The first year of an event like this is always dicey. Once we get over this hurdle and the word gets out I'm hoping there will be a bigger turnout next year.
    Judging from your previous posts I assume your going to be there. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Capri.

Planning on it.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108

I got bad news...I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it on Sat I have a family emergency that is going to take me out of town for the weekend and possibly longer. I'm so bummed, I've been looking forward to this Stang party for months There's a slight chance I'll still be able to make it, but its slim...

Have a good time, guys...and make sure to take plenty of pics of what I missed
    ~Scott~

1985 Mustang GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast