Close

Sonia

Default 1985 T-top Mercury Capri

Hi everyone,
    I have had my capri for about 3 years now, I wish I knew more about it. It's a V-6 3.8 automatic. I want to know about the value of it, good places to get parts, I want to fix it up as much as I can, but my personal automotive skills are few and I am limited on money. The things I need to replace most are the T-top seals, I live in a place where it rains a LOT! It's was beat up a bit by the previous owner, some body damage on the passenger side and lack of maintenance. Oil leeks, back hatch doesn't stay up when opened, probably should replace the radiator, temp gage doesn't work. I'm sure there are a few other things to be replaced. Everything is original... push button radio still works ( no CD player installed). There is a strange little flashlight thing that you can pop out close to the rearview mirror. It's a very fun car!
    Thanks for any helpful tips or info,
    sonia

Welcome Sonia, sounds like you want to fix her up. You'll find lots of help here.

FEP Senior Member blackmagicman's Avatar

well sonia first thing take some pics post em and welcome to the site its defenately the place to find what you need info or parts just a bunch of people dedicated to these cars congrads on owning a car that some dont even know what it is lol. enjoy your car enjoy the site
    current stable:1981 blackmagic capri gt40 crate engine 5spd 12.7@109mph.150 shot nos gt40 heads 3.55 gears
    1981 blackmagic capri 2.3 liter 5spd project car goin turbo , daily driver 2004 chevy silverado 4x4

Welcome to the greatest site for four eye owners.
    Stan
    1986 Ford Mustang Saleen #80 Gray/gray
    1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren Coupe#20 Black/silver, gone.
    1985 GT Silver/gray T-top car, gone
    1985 Canyon Red Turbo coupe, gone

Welcome to FEP
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Welcome. You've got the best of the best. A Capri with t-tops is simply awesome.

Welcome to FEP