Close

Thread: 1983 boss

Default 1983 boss

I have a freind that use to have a 1983 mustang gt that right behind the front tires was a decal that said boss. was that just a decal or was there anything special to it if so what? The reason i ask is he ended up getting rid of it and i was wondering how bad he screwed up. other than getting rid of a alright 1983 gt.

It was just a sticker likely added by the dealer. There were ads run stating "The Boss is Back", but there was no official Boss Mustang sold by Ford in 1983.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

http://www.cars-on-line.com/42638.html

That decal kit looks ugly enough to be some sort of special edition, i.e. authorized dealer package.

Yes often these were dealers just throwing stickers on cars and marking up the price. But some dealers actually made extensive engine and suspension modifications to the cars. That one day will make them more valuable to some collectors than an average GT. But to some it will be just another GT. The price your willing to pay is what a car is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post

That decal kit looks ugly enough to be some sort of special edition, i.e. authorized dealer package.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

This is a pic of said car

My beloved 83 RIP
    Bulding a supercar one piece at a time

From the picture shown above, it's strictly a home made (IE: I bought it at the local sign shop) decal. Not listed in any of my dealer catalogs, not in my 83,84,85,86 Mustangs Unlimited catalogs (yeah, I'm a pack-rat when it comes to Mustang stuff) either.

Yours in Fords,

Bill S.

i think the car in the pic needs a little more wheel well or smaller tires to enhance the big gapping opening. just kidding the car could have been a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops View Post

U - G - L - Y !

The decal kinda reminds me of a plaid shirt.
    Last edited by banzaibullitt; 01-27-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes