Close

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1728

Wishful thinking on my part. My fabricating skills are, shall we say, non-existant!

I'd like to see how this Whipple is installed. I'd hafta figure out how to properly orient the carb. If my wife see's this thread, she's gonna kill me. You guys are giving me too many ideas my checkbook can't keep up with. Keep 'em coming.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Quote Originally Posted by IDMooseMan View Post
    Wishful thinking on my part. My fabricating skills are, shall we say, non-existant!

I'd like to see how this Whipple is installed. I'd hafta figure out how to properly orient the carb. If my wife see's this thread, she's gonna kill me. You guys are giving me too many ideas my checkbook can't keep up with. Keep 'em coming.
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I have more ideas then my checkbook can handle too. I have ideas that will just never happen because of money, time, or whatever. I wish I had a shop on got paid to do this stuff everyday, because then I would actually be able to do some of these ideas.

But back to what you were saying, surfing the web never seems to help the checkbook.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    Yeah, for the throttle cable I was thinking about something like that. I would have to find a place that does, custom cables, but they should exist. (thanks for backing me up on that thought).

The other idea would be using a single cable to one TB and then devise a linkage system linking the other TB, but I think that will get very bulky fast and not as clean. The idea is that there would be one TB on one side of the engine and one tb on the opposite side. So the linkage probably wouldn't be a simple one.
    I don't have it on this computer, but I have the website of a company that makes custom cables of all kinds that we are using for a custom project. I will try and find it later today to post up for you.

Congrats on the Whipple!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Yeah, I know the feeling. I have more ideas then my checkbook can handle too. I have ideas that will just never happen because of money, time, or whatever. I wish I had a shop on got paid to do this stuff everyday, because then I would actually be able to do some of these ideas.

But back to what you were saying, surfing the web never seems to help the checkbook.
    From a guy that had his own shop for many years, I will warn you that if your luck is like mine and most others that own these shops it is the same ole' stereotype.

The paint and body shop owner is always driving the most beat up in need of paint POS!

The mechanic shop owner is always driving the most run down on it's last leg worn out POS!

There are many reasons for this, but generally it's because after working all day on everyone else's rides the last thing you want to do on your time off is work on another one.

Another major reason is that every buddy, pal, friend, family member, etc. will suck up every spare hour you have getting you to work on their stuff (usually for free! ) because you have the shop, the tools, the knowledge, ETC!

I don't miss owning/running a shop anymore. I do miss having my shop and a work place for all my tools and equipment. I hope to fix that soon! Good luck with the project. I do have some skills, tools, equipment, and knowledge if you want send me a PM and I might be able to help you get some of your custom work done or point you in a direction of others that might be able to help out.

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    From a guy that had his own shop for many years, I will warn you that if your luck is like mine and most others that own these shops it is the same ole' stereotype.

The paint and body shop owner is always driving the most beat up in need of paint POS!

The mechanic shop owner is always driving the most run down on it's last leg worn out POS!

There are many reasons for this, but generally it's because after working all day on everyone else's rides the last thing you want to do on your time off is work on another one.

Another major reason is that every buddy, pal, friend, family member, etc. will suck up every spare hour you have getting you to work on their stuff (usually for free! ) because you have the shop, the tools, the knowledge, ETC!

I don't miss owning/running a shop anymore. I do miss having my shop and a work place for all my tools and equipment. I hope to fix that soon! Good luck with the project. I do have some skills, tools, equipment, and knowledge if you want send me a PM and I might be able to help you get some of your custom work done or point you in a direction of others that might be able to help out.

Good Luck!

Trey
    Yeah, and I know your are right. This is why when I was choosing what to go to school for, I change my mind at that last minute. I realize that I love cars and trucks and modifing them but luckily I realized I didn't want to work on other people's crap all the time. So I said as an investment in my future I should go to school for graphic design to make my money and for the hot rod stuff for my self I would just learn and teach myself.

I wish I could have gone to school for this stuff, but I knew deep down I only wanted the knowledge and skills so I could use it on my own stuff. So the rest is history and now I am an art director dealing with not one thing car related, LOL.

And yes, i will probably hit you up on some other info for the custom stuff. There will be some things that come up that I will need to pick someones brain about.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

Yeah! You probably made the better decision!

Someday's I wish I had made a similiar decision.

Hit me up anytime. I have a few ideas for my PC that I might even throw your way that you might like too. Especially since you are making better progress than I am right now.

Trey
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Yeah! You probably made the better decision!

Someday's I wish I had made a similiar decision.

Hit me up anytime. I have a few ideas for my PC that I might even throw your way that you might like too. Especially since you are making better progress than I am right now.

Trey
    You want to PM me your Phone number?
    Tom

...I wish I could have gone to school for this stuff, but I knew deep down I only wanted the knowledge and skills so I could use it on my own stuff...
    I feel lucky about my situation growing up related to the car knowledge and skills stuff. Parents divorced when I was very young (elementary school-age), so Dad was out of the house before "the talk" was necessary. Long story short; I was able to take Auto Shop (anyone remember those) in high school. Absorbed a LOT of info during that 2-hour class. Didn't know it at the time I signed up for it, but it was a Regional Occupational Program (ROP) course. When I completed the course, I did well enough that I earned a certificate and was, at the time (1979) qualified as a Certified Mechanic under the ROP guidelines. Those days are long gone and I don't think that certification even exists anymore.

That course helped me keep my cars, and family member's cars, running great for many, many years.
    Craig "IDMooseMan" Peters
    1979 Mustang Ghia Notchback, 2.3L, Holley 5200, 4-spd, 3.08:1 7.5" diff, A/C, PS, PB, AM/FM/8-Track, Sunroof, Rear Defroster
    USAF SSgt 63170 1983 - 1992; Co-Founder, Vice President, Omega Delta Sigma, ID-A 2/2015
    To those that serve and have served, "Thank You", to those that haven't, "You're Welcome"
    2.3L Horsepower Potential Thread
    Buyer/Seller Experience Link
    Build Thread
    The Four-Eyed Game - 2018 Version

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting, have actually read about something similar quite a few years back.
    1993 notch...HPT60 street turbo kit/DSS331...511rwhp/622rwtrq.@10psi
    April 2005 feature 5.0 Magazine
    November 2007 cover/feature MM&FF magazine
    September 2008 feature Mustang Enthusiast Magazine
    1984 factory ttop notch 5.0( new project car)
    1993 Cobra
    1996 Cobra
    2000 Lightning

You want to PM me your Phone number?
    PM sent!

Trey
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

North Florida/ "Way Down Yander On the Chattahoochee"

Wow! I just read every line of all 51 pages, over 3 days. While there are some things I did not care for (different diameter wheels, grates insted of the HVAC vents, and the fuel tank hanging out), I do REALLY like the car! The best part to me is the original exterior on a very modded car, and the mini tubs!
    Keep up the good work!
    69 Mustang Fastback= EXPENSIVE
    84 SVO= project pick up the front wheels
    86 Coupe= project show car
    87 Mark-VII Vortech'd351/T56= TROUBLE
    93 Town&Country= DD/work van
    96 F150 Lightning FlareSide= boat hauler
    99 P71 the "PO-RAUDER"=weekend ride (awaiting built motor)
    00 Excursion 7.3PSD= long distance trips
    05 F250 V10 SCSB= the Hot-Rod pick-up, trailer puller
    Wifes rides: 97 Exploraineer Sport V8= DD, 93 GT 2.3t/T5= backup, 05 F250 SCSB 4X4= toy

^^ Thanks!

Gonna have some update pics coming soon.
    Tom

PLEASE!!!! We need pics soon!!!

Well, the nose came off the car, so work has begun.

Empty bay. Well almost empty, have some smoothing to do so I will stripping the rest out too, but I will probably fit the new motor first.

Old motor that will be looking for a new home along with the t5.

And the new Team Z modular Kmember for the termi motor.
    Tom

Looks like you have been busy Tom!

Hope things go well for you!

Trey
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Sweet! Glad this thread is revived - can't wait to see her "all done up" next year at the BBQ Tom! Ocean Parkway is waiting!!!

That is going to be awesome!! So you are going to smooth the engine bay? Are you keeping it the same color in the bay? I can't wait to see it together!

I could use the t-5. PM me.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Awesome, that Terminator motor is gonna be wicked in your car.
    NCSU 08 Mathematics
    86 GT 5-speed, GT-40 heads, TFS1 cam, Performer EFI intake- 13.77@101.4
    66 mustang coupe-5.0 HO, T-5, 3.80 gears
    If everything seems under control, youre not going fast enough--Mario Andretti

Chicago, Illinois. home to the world's largest collection of potholes

so purdy!
    hello, my name is Epi and i'm addicted to four-eyes
    '86 Mustang GT convertible - restomod
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    '08 Ford Edge - Weekend hauler
    past:
    '86 Mustang GT hatch - sold for diapers
    '87 LTD - gone after 12 long years
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

This car just gets better and better!
    1967 mercury cougar restomod in progress
    1984 svo
    1984 gt 350 w/t-tops
    1984 gt turbo
    1986 mustang gt
    1986 capri rs 5.8
    1988 mustang lx 2.3
    1989 Lx convt 5.0
    1990 mustang gt
    RunAmuk Racing-proud supporters of the "Drive it like you stole it" series

86 50CPRI

nice collection of 4V motors you have started there...

Looks awesome Tom! You gonna box the frame rails too?
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

Sweet Tom
    1979 Ghia Coupe
    5.0/C4
    Polar White
    1981 Cobra
    Gen 2 Coyote/6R80
    Bright Bittersweet
    2022 Mustang GT
    10r80 Whipple
    Eruption Green

Looks good Tom, glad you were able to get back to work on it. I too just sat and read through every page, awesome work my friend! Cannot wait for more updates!!!!!!

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast