Close

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

love it, common mod in the minitruck world so i think it will be fine.
    original v8 AOD car For Sale
    1998 Mustang GT Vert

www.dslocum-photography.com

Small update, but I have been looking for one of these for the last 2 years (not that hard, but definately keeping an eye out) and thanks to Jeff (85GTTops) and his knowledge and Green Sale Company I found some NOS wire style strickers, with the plastic/rubber bushing intact. I tried looking for help from FMR and PPI but no real help in finding anything until Jeff came along. Being I couldn't find them for so long, I bought two of these, probably would have bought more but I don't need to go crazy.

Again its just a small update and small part, but I am really happy to finally have what I have been looking for. I'm a bit of a perfetionist and now I will be able to say, no more rattles from the hatch latch.

Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

For being "BUILT not BOUGHT" I am still broke!

Lookin really good so far, any plans for a roll cage? might as well get it certified for track use
    86' Coupe Street/Strip Never Ending Project-351w, 4 Wheel Disk, WC T5, etc...

Link to my car Pics:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v414/hyper7pbs/

Hi Tom,

It has probably mentioned before here but could you explain everything you used for the 5 speed conversion. I really want to do this to my 79 and curious how things went for you. The SROD really has to go- I hate the wide ratios. Thanks for any help you can give.

Tony
    Horse Power is how fast you get to the wall,
    Torque
    is how far you get through the wall.

1979 Mustang HB 302 4sp

Quote Originally Posted by 79FOX302 View Post
    Hi Tom,

It has probably mentioned before here but could you explain everything you used for the 5 speed conversion. I really want to do this to my 79 and curious how things went for you. The SROD really has to go- I hate the wide ratios. Thanks for any help you can give.

Tony
    Well the tranny didn't show up as soon as it should have. It should be here tomorrow. Basically the flywheel, clutch, clutch fork and bell housing is in place just waiting to put in the new tranny. Once I do that I can give you an update on how everything what and what was needed after I make sure everything goes well.
    Tom

CAMMED & SLAMMED! For more build pics and updates: http://www.facebook.com/SINISBuilt

Well good news!

I am currently working on a deal right now for a complete 32v dohc 4.6 from the oil pan to intake. Just not sure if it has the computer, but at this point that doesn't bother me as I am planning to run a stand alone engine management system anyways.

If the deal happens I may be picking it up as soon as this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 69clark View Post
    Well good news!

I am currently working on a deal right now for a complete 32v dohc 4.6 from the oil pan to intake. Just not sure if it has the computer, but at this point that doesn't bother me as I am planning to run a stand alone engine management system anyways.

If the deal happens I may be picking it up as soon as this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Nice score man.
    Figure out a driveshaft yet?
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Yeah, I got it figured out, just haven't done anything with it because I am still waiting for the tranny to ship. I got everything else in teh car, the guy is just jerking my around on sending the tranny. Soon enought though.
    Tom

Chicago, Illinois. home to the world's largest collection of potholes

JEALOUS! i was considering a 4v swap for my Capri project as i can get one complete with a 4R70W trans and harness for dirt cheap.. but i have so many extra 5.0 parts, i may stick with that.

i'm looking forward to seeing this build in full..
    hello, my name is Epi and i'm addicted to four-eyes
    '86 Mustang GT convertible - restomod
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    '08 Ford Edge - Weekend hauler
    past:
    '86 Mustang GT hatch - sold for diapers
    '87 LTD - gone after 12 long years
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by LTDmasta GT View Post
    JEALOUS! i was considering a 4v swap for my Capri project as i can get one complete with a 4R70W trans and harness for dirt cheap.. but i have so many extra 5.0 parts, i may stick with that.

i'm looking forward to seeing this build in full..
    Thanks. It will be slow as I gather parts up as I can afford them, but once the car goes under the knife, things should happen at a quick rate.
    Tom

Well good news!

Tom, SWEET.

Shaping up to be the most awesome Pace Car ever imagined.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    Tom, SWEET.

Shaping up to be the most awesome Pace Car ever imagined.
    no joke his pace car is one of the coolest cars on here!
    1989 Mustang GT " the race car"
    1986 Mustang GT " the dd"
    1985 Mustang LX T-Top " wife's ride"

Quote Originally Posted by 895.0 View Post
    no joke his pace car is one of the coolest cars on the planet!
    fix't
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    past:
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by LTDmasta GT View Post
    fix't
    ah i like that one better
    1989 Mustang GT " the race car"
    1986 Mustang GT " the dd"
    1985 Mustang LX T-Top " wife's ride"

I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself Tom. So I'm glad you were able to find those hatch strikers & bushings. Looks good. I can't wait to see that 4.6 under the hood. Do you think it will be ready for the MU show in April?
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Quote Originally Posted by escogt View Post
    I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself Tom. So I'm glad you were able to find those hatch strikers & bushings. Looks good. I can't wait to see that 4.6 under the hood. Do you think it will be ready for the MU show in April?

Not a chance, lol. That stage of the build probably won't happen till next year. The plan is the car will go to MU and part of the summer basically as it was last year (except the interior may be finished).

Then after summer I will be pulling the car off the road, and doing the mini tub kit. Once that is done I will do all the suspension, chassis, brakes and rear end upgrade. That will put me to about next spring or summer. Then the final stage which will start probably the end of next summer will be the smoothing of the bay and the engine and tranny swap. Some where in there I would like to do paint as well.

I am doing the build in stages to be able to work within my budget, but also to be able to enjoy the car a little through the summer. So it will be suspension and chassis this coming off season and drivetrain next off season.
    Tom

Tom, I'm interested to hear what you are doing with the mini-tubs. Pretty much all of the kits I've seen require you to cut the rear 1/4 plastics since even the mini-tubs are just that big, I can't see you cutting them up and ruining the looks of the interior. Did you find a kit that actually fits under the un-cut interior pieces? Or are you having a custom set made?
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

Tom, I'm interested to hear what you are doing with the mini-tubs. Pretty much all of the kits I've seen require you to cut the rear 1/4 plastics since even the mini-tubs are just that big, I can't see you cutting them up and ruining the looks of the interior. Did you find a kit that actually fits under the un-cut interior pieces? Or are you having a custom set made?
    Once I get to that bridge I will cross it then, but my plan is that I will cut the panel to clear, then modify them from there to look factory. I got a few ideas in mind. Remember, all the panels will have custom upholstery done to them, but I can assure you this, I what I come up with will look good, not like a hack job.
    Tom

WELL GOOD NEWS!!

Going to pick up the 32v 4.6 Mod motor tomorrow. 73,000 miles, running (not that it matters as it will be totally rebuilt for the car) for $250.
    Tom

^That's SO awesome!!^
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

WELL GOOD NEWS!!

Going to pick up the 32v 4.6 Mod motor tomorrow. 73,000 miles, running (not that it matters as it will be totally rebuilt for the car) for $250.
    You got a freaking deal, congrats!
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

You got a freaking deal, congrats!
    Well I worked for it, lol. I been emailing people and looking for about 6-9 months. What's nice about not needing all these parts in a hurry is I can shop around untill I find the deals.

That's also what's nice about building the car in stages. I know what I need and when I need it, but if I start looking early I'm not under any pressure to buy at high dollar. I can wait until a deal comes up.
    Tom

Well I worked for it, lol. I been emailing people and looking for about 6-9 months. What's nice about not needing all these parts in a hurry is I can shop around untill I find the deals.

That's also what's nice about building the car in stages. I know what I need and when I need it, but if I start looking early I'm not under any pressure to buy at high dollar. I can wait until a deal comes up.
    its a great tactic! I did alot of parts collecting months before i started working on the vert. usually you'll catch some great deals if you wait it out
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    past:
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

Subscribing, looks like it's going to be one hell of a build thread!!!
    SS
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

FEP Senior Member

Again its just a small update and small part, but I am really happy to finally have what I have been looking for. I'm a bit of a perfetionist and now I will be able to say, no more rattles from the hatch latch.
    Great thread, and the car will be amazing when it's done.

But I gotta call you out on one thing - all in good fun of course.

Being a perfectionist myself, I'm amazed at how many "perfectionists" spell the word wrong.
    1968 Mustang GT Coupe, 302 J-code, 3-speed, 9" 3.25 open diff., 1 of 1.
    1979 Mustang Pace Car 5.0 Auto 38K miles.
    1986 Mustang 5.0 5sp. GT hatch.
    1986 Mustang 5.0 5sp. LX Conv.
    1987 Mustang 5.0 5sp. LX hatch. Road course project.
    1989 Saleen #519 5.0 5sp. 1 of 3 ---FOR SALE---

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast