Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

wow DVSCAPRI looks like you been doing alot of work on your ltd .. i would like to see pics of it when it is done
    I'm holdin on your rope, got me 10 feet off the ground

Yeah, I plan to do a lot more! The original 5.0 is getting awful tired (I'm not as ruff on it as I could be!), so there'll be a new motor in it's future (hopefully in the spring), I would like to get some new springs.. I have most of the pieces to do the 5 lug conversion (except the rims & tires... I was going to do FR500's, but now I'm thinkin' Anthracite 10th anniversary Cobra rims in 17"). I also noticed just the other day that I have paint peeling & rust (surface) showing up at the leading edge of the 1/4 panels... I already told her " as soon as the weather breaks, I'm attacking that". I knew I had some other paint issue's to deal with, that's why I didn't color coat the roof... the whole car will get repainted.
    Dave
    1985 Mercury Capri RS - '02 Sonic Blue -PROJECT
    1985 Ford LTD LX - Grey 5 SPD/8.8 3:73

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass (442 clone) - Grey SOLD
    1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD
    1978 Pontiac Trans Am - Martinique Blue SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DVSCAPRI View Post
    I have most of the pieces to do the 5 lug conversion (except the rims & tires... I was going to do FR500's, but now I'm thinkin' Anthracite 10th anniversary Cobra rims in 17").
    I think the 10th anniversary wheels would look good on it

A couple month's down the road... the heater core started leaking on my way home from work...

This is what I found when I got it out... BTW date/part # indicate this as original = 138K miles in 25 years!!

My 2 y.o. "helping me" put it back together - he only lost 1 screw! The 1y.o. also helped (not really, but he has to do everything his brother does).

I told my wife...Brody say's to get rid of this thing...

So, on my 45th birthday..the night before a big show we go to in Beloit Wi. I pulled an all nighter and removed the AOD & everything that goes with it, and converted it to stick! It was not fun!! I have done this swap before on a more relaxed schedule (3 day weekends) on Mustangs before, so I didn't think it would be that hard. The car is sooooo much more fun to drive now!! More changes coming this spring!! Dave
    I finally got a couple of pics of the interior back together with the stick, not much to look at.. but figured I'd post them up.

Last edited by DVSCAPRI; 01-23-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Dave

1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD

I like that shifter? Just a hurst handle with the ball?
    Last edited by 4eyed4life; 01-23-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    1984 Mustang GT - BUILT 351W 5spd
    1985 LTD LX - 306, 3" exhaust, 87+ Front brakes
    1985 LTD Wagon - 5.0 5spd project
    1985 LTD LX - 347 Stroker 5spd, Cobra 5-lug brakes, 17" Cobra R's....

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyed4life View Post
    I like that shifter? Just a hurst handle with the ball?
    Yep, I've driven cars with the triax & a couple of other shifters. I like the action of the Hurst & the ball just fits my hand right.
    Dave

Looking good!

Good job. Looks like you are indoctrinating the next generation of 4-eyes!

Both of my little guys like "Daddy's Car". They love going to car shows & are starting to get the point of not touching the cars as well. My 14yo step-sons couldn't be less interested though!
    Dave

Both of my little guys like "Daddy's Car". They love going to car shows & are starting to get the point of not touching the cars as well. My 14yo step-sons couldn't be less interested though!
    I made the mistake of promising my 1973 Trans-am to one daughter and my 1973 Corvette to another, many years ago. Had to sell them both and figured after 10 years they would forget. Now that they're both driving age, believe me, I am not forgiven! Should have figured out that women have memories longer than an elephant when it comes to "when you done 'em wrong"!

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

I'm in the process of doing mine too and have got rid of the ashtray and put three gages in it's place. I have the 2 5/8 gages with the angle collars. Once I get it done I'll get some pics up.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Quote Originally Posted by cggrob View Post
    I made the mistake of promising my 1973 Trans-am to one daughter and my 1973 Corvette to another, many years ago. Had to sell them both and figured after 10 years they would forget. Now that they're both driving age, believe me, I am not forgiven! Should have figured out that women have memories longer than an elephant when it comes to "when you done 'em wrong"!
    I never promised my girls any particular car.... Sam (now 22) decided she wanted a Mustang - for her 18th I got her an 89 LX 5.0 5spd & we worked on it. Shauna (now 20) wanted my 78 T/A...I sold it before she could have it & explained that it was WAY too much car for her. I do still owe her a car... that'll have to wait. BTW, They both love the Capri...but they're both scared of it as well & Sam refers to the LTD as "the retarded Mustang". Although they both like it, they can't get over the "more door thing".
    Dave

I finally got a couple of pics of the interior back together with the stick, not much to look at.. but figured I'd post them up.

Looks good! Bet its a ton of fun!
    Tony Defeo was a god.....if you've never heard of him you're new school......

Unless no one buys this, I might end up keeping it. I would love to, but no money coming in atm.

pics in my sig.
    '84 Mustang GT Turbo 100% Stock, 77k Miles
    '85 LTD 81k miles
    '89 Camaro Iroc-z28

Im new here but since this isnt an outdated thread and I cant really figure out a better place to put them, Here is the 85 LTD brougham I picked up a few weeks ago. The car has 84k original miles, zero rust (michigan car but always garaged) There are only 2 dings in the car, The only options it lacks are power mirrors and premium sound. I cant find a thing wrong with the car. The color will have to change though, and the 3.8 may have to go also.

Sweet find! Are you (like me,) old enough to remember when all of these non-Mustang foxes were "un-cool"? Who's laughin' now?!

Oh, and "Welcome to the forum!"
    Last edited by uglybox; 03-03-2011 at 01:20 AM. Reason: manners
    '78 Fairmont with 4 doors and 8 cylinders.
    '92 LX convertible with 2 doors and 4 cylinders.

Yes and no, they were always cool to me, I guess not so much to everyone else. at a certain age though anything in really nice shape is cool again no matter what it is. I needed something with mustang potential, but i like oddball stuff you dont see everyday, gotta be different. I already have a rare sports car and a sleeper grocery getter, this car can look down right mean with the right color scheme, stance and wheels, so this will be my muscle I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by who-nxt View Post
    Sweet find! Are you (like me,) old enough to remember when all of these non-Mustang foxes were "un-cool"? Who's laughin' now?!

Oh, and "Welcome to the forum!"
    my ltd ia a year older then me

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_Rush View Post
    Yes and no, they were always cool to me, I guess not so much to everyone else. at a certain age though anything in really nice shape is cool again no matter what it is. I needed something with mustang potential, but i like oddball stuff you dont see everyday, gotta be different. I already have a rare sports car and a sleeper grocery getter, this car can look down right mean with the right color scheme, stance and wheels, so this will be my muscle I guess lol.

my wife asks me all the time "why fix up your car? why not get a mustang?"

my answer is everything i can do to a mustang i can do to my car and ive got 2 more doors and 1 extra seat in the back
    85 ltd florida cop car factory 5.0 aod...sold
    88 bronco II 4x4 2.9 v6 5spd
    79 malibu wagon tbi 350/700r4

Some of the work done last summer;

Painted the roof / front pillars / rear 1/4's down to the tape line.

After 4 or 5 coats of clear... around 2 am!

Then late summer, driving home 1 night about 1 mile from the house (35 mile drive) I hear a "BANG" & then nothing else.. car runs fine accelerates fine... I pulled the drums off first & didn't find anything... pulled the cover for the rearend & found this; (look at the pinion gear @ 5/6 o clock)

So... after dropping out the ENTIRE rearend (uppers & lowers too!) I pulled the 3:73 8.8 out of BLUE (complete w/ SSM uppers & lowers)

Set Blue back down on the 10 holes (as I needed the stands)

Ready to go in...

I thought about using my Flowmasters & tails, but decided against it for now.

Installed!!! But... I had to pull the axles out anyway & change the brakes & backing plates over.

I also had to do brake line work... I bent up all new coated hardline from front to back & matched it bend for bend. This shot was when I put the first stand under the rear @ the torque box... this car is still really tight!! & no, it does NOT have subframe connectors... yet!! I did put a stand under the front as well before I crawled under.

Plans for this year are; finish the 331 build / install it / remove most of the un-needed wiring (I'm going Carb'd) & hide the rest / more paint & body work.
    Dave

Some of the work done last summer;
    hey the pics are working

WOW there sure seem to be alot of new LTDs on here now since I have been gone!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456