Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DVSCAPRI View Post
    They were originally a charcoal color on the LX's, mine were just faded wierd & I decided I liked the semi gloss black better!
    Great job on painting the trim! I would not have know that was my old car! Also like the look of the wheels.

really nice LX you have there. it also looks like you used the same spray paint for that hood panel above the grille too. Duplicolor truck and suv paint, right?
    1985 Ford LTD LX. 4 eyes, 4 doors-cobra powered
    2006 Ford F-150 Ashley/Smith special edition--the "daily driver"
    1986 ford mustang SVO--a man can always dream right?

ive got a 85...(will post pics later)...ex cop car 5.0 colum shift...and i wana put headers and dual exhaust from a mustang on it....will it work with the shift linkage?

Quote Originally Posted by moelll View Post
    really nice LX you have there. it also looks like you used the same spray paint for that hood panel above the grille too. Duplicolor truck and suv paint, right?

The hood panel had already been done in the charcoal, but had alot of chips on it. Duplicolor trim paint - semi gloss black.
    Dave
    1985 Mercury Capri RS - '02 Sonic Blue -PROJECT
    1985 Ford LTD LX - Grey 5 SPD/8.8 3:73

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass (442 clone) - Grey SOLD
    1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD
    1978 Pontiac Trans Am - Martinique Blue SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by sirhc2004_192 View Post
    ive got a 85...(will post pics later)...ex cop car 5.0 colum shift...and i wana put headers and dual exhaust from a mustang on it....will it work with the shift linkage?
    Mine currently has the shorty's on it with the Mustang 4 cat duals. You will need to get some extensions made from the end of the pipes to the mufflers as these cars have a longer wheelbase. I don't know about the column shift linkage, but I would think it should work.

It will have (when I have the disposable income again) long tubes/Off road x-pipe & nice stainless tails.
    Dave

1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham T-top - W/'69 350 ROCKET/T350 - White SOLD

My 85 LTD LX that I found on here a couple of years ago. When this pic was taken all I had done is paint the front & rear trim to semi-gloss black & install my ARE rims from my Capri.
    That is very nice looking, I like the grey body color, I have not seen a LX in grey, Ive only seen them in black or white
    I'm holdin on your rope, got me 10 feet off the ground

cant figure out how to post the big pixs...can anyone tell me how?

If I recall correctly, the 84's came in White/Black & Light Blue. The 85's came in White / Black & this Grey (I don't even remember the name of the color!). I have a buddy that went with me when I bought it, that has always told me I should paint it black. I told him "no, then it would look like a 4 dr. Grand National!

Eventually the time will come to paint it (everything BUT the roof was done by a previous owner), but I think it will remain that hue.
    Dave

cant figure out how to post the big pixs...can anyone tell me how?
    Are the pics on your computer? or on a service like Photobucket?
    Dave

computer

before and after

Last edited by sirhc2004_192; 05-01-2010 at 11:47 PM.

Mine currently has the shorty's on it with the Mustang 4 cat duals. You will need to get some extensions made from the end of the pipes to the mufflers as these cars have a longer wheelbase. I don't know about the column shift linkage, but I would think it should work.

It will have (when I have the disposable income again) long tubes/Off road x-pipe & nice stainless tails.
    my fuel pump is in the way of the passenger side muffler....can i move it anywhere else to make room?

Hmmm, don't really know on that. it looks like it may be missing some code. you could try a hosting site (such as Photobucket, etc..) & then try posting. I put all of mine there, although I also have copys on my 'puter.

Nevermind, now they're working. Although the second one is smaller. Car looks to be in pretty decent shape for an SSP!
    Last edited by DVSCAPRI; 05-01-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    Dave

went to tinypic.com

my fuel pump is in the way of the passenger side muffler....can i move it anywhere else to make room?
    I'm pretty sure that mine is still located there as well, I'll have to take a look in the AM & get back to you.
    Dave

yes you can do a single fuel pump conversion like LTDScott did:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=25590
    I'm holdin on your rope, got me 10 feet off the ground

ok i didnt know it came with 2 pumps and not one....learned somethin new today

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Posted these before but................

have any pics of how exhaust is routed?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    yes you can do a single fuel pump conversion like LTDScott did:
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=25590
    THANKS! I was under my 85 the other day and was wondering if I would run into this issue once I swap everything because my I was going to use the factory setup from that on the 83.

I was contemplating actually waiting until I can afford to do a fuel cell to make clearance for the duals and put my inline farther up the car. Sucks cause now I have an inline Walbro 255 for my 85 that I won't be using. I do, however, still have my 255 from my old car. It's from a Probe GT... I'll post in that thread if it works!

Where do you guys find the muffler hangers that bolt to the upper control arm brackets for the passenger side when running duals? Is there a place that sells them?

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by JHine5588 View Post
    THANKS! I was under my 85 the other day and was wondering if I would run into this issue once I swap everything because my I was going to use the factory setup from that on the 83.

I was contemplating actually waiting until I can afford to do a fuel cell to make clearance for the duals and put my inline farther up the car. Sucks cause now I have an inline Walbro 255 for my 85 that I won't be using. I do, however, still have my 255 from my old car. It's from a Probe GT... I'll post in that thread if it works!

Where do you guys find the muffler hangers that bolt to the upper control arm brackets for the passenger side when running duals? Is there a place that sells them?

Jeremy
    are these what you are lookin for
    http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...uffler-Hangers

oh and when changing from the cfi(i think thats what its called) to a efi what all do you need to make the change?

CFI?

And yes, thank you much for the link!!! They have tail pipe hangers too... Score!

Jeremy

CFI?

And yes, thank you much for the link!!! They have tail pipe hangers too... Score!

Jeremy
    yea 85 had what looks like a carb but has 2 injectors in it and im wanting to either put a mustang efi intake or a truck 5.0 intake on it with the twin butterflies......didnt know if my stock ecm and harness would work of if i was goint to have one out the donor vehicle...and also if my fuel pump would be strong enough to fuel 8 injectors instead of 2

I just call it TBI even though that's a Chevy term... It's the same concept.

I'd say you'd be ok on the fuel pump part as long as it's not a built motor. You'd need the ECM from the donor car... They are very similar, you can actually plug your ECM into the V6 harness, but the V6 harness doesn't have the pinouts for the other 2 injectors and the V6 ECU probably doesn't have the driver for the 2 injectors and definitely doesn't have the air/fuel or spark maps for the V8.

Jeremy

I just call it TBI even though that's a Chevy term... It's the same concept.

I'd say you'd be ok on the fuel pump part as long as it's not a built motor. You'd need the ECM from the donor car... They are very similar, you can actually plug your ECM into the V6 harness, but the V6 harness doesn't have the pinouts for the other 2 injectors and the V6 ECU probably doesn't have the driver for the 2 injectors and definitely doesn't have the air/fuel or spark maps for the V8.

Jeremy
    ok im geting me a 93 302 roller motor that is tore down and has everything to put back except harness and fuel stuff plus the guy has a 91 roller bare block with main caps that im goin to get this weekend....he made me a deal i just couldent pass up

and yea it looks just lite the tbi...but this bein a ford forum i didnt wana say the ''c'' word

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast