Close

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I owned my first Capri in 1989, because I couldn't afford a mustang....thank goodness for that. I am now on my 3rd Capri, I did have a 1983 GT for about a month...traded it for the Capri I have now. Man I love that car!!! LOL.
    1985 mercury capri, 347, twisted wedge, TFS stage 3, Parker Funnel Web intake, demon 650, all MSD, 8.8, 4.10s, Hoosier QTPs...stock T-5 :0

here's a few more of mine

1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

This is so freakin' great to see all the pics of Capri getting posted here!! I've been copying and pasting all of them to my Capri Folder. Like I said, it never gets old looking at Capris... no matter who owns them.

I might as well post up pics of the four I own since I was the one who started this thread. Hahaha.

'86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

The most recent shot of mine....please don't harp about the hatch. LOL
    1985 mercury capri, 347, twisted wedge, TFS stage 3, Parker Funnel Web intake, demon 650, all MSD, 8.8, 4.10s, Hoosier QTPs...stock T-5 :0

How about pics of Capri's in motion

79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

FEP Senior Member 85 Speedfreak's Avatar

It is about time they got the respect they have deserved for years.The only downside is that the prices will go up like anything else that finally comes into its own.
    Automatics are for girls

Mike Croke

Like many, I did not really know what a Capri was at first. I was looking at Mustangs in my senior year of high school (1986) when my father found an '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed on a dealer's used lot. Only took one drive to love it. Pretty quickly, running under the radar of the GTs and IROCs was tons of fun. Sadly, the car was totalled a few months after I got it when a girl ran a stop sign.

I had a '86 GT as a replacement and it was great. But when it got totalled by a little old woman running a light, I built my current '79 Capri. I've had this car since 1991 and it has looked this way since 1993.

Yet another Capri fool. We own 3 Capris here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croke View Post
    We own 3 Capris here.
    So, where's the pics of the other two

I just noticed the "Mercury" on the bumper! Surprised I haven't noticed that before.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

WOW I'm in love with this one.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Where did this bumper cover come from?
    Last edited by Mike Croke; 02-02-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Fixed broken image
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

this is one place where you dont have to appologise for being a Capri lover!!
    past fox: 89 lx 5.0 notch dearly missed

Ok, I cant help resist but to post this "action" shot now!! LOL It's really the only pic I have of it at the track. It was Spring Test N Tune at Norwalk and a buddy of mine (know to us as Johnny 5.0) kept bugging me to let him run it since he didn't have a car there that day. I ended up taking the pic as the drunk guy behind me was yellin' "Aw, c'mon man, shift it!! Learn to drive!!!" I was laughing so hard he asked me what was so funny? I told him it was MY car and it was a buddy of mine driving it.....still one of my favorite pics despite having the Turbines on it instead of the CSA wheels I run now!! Enjoy!!

PS> Thats the 100' mark on the track!!
    Last edited by silverfive0; 09-12-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    Where did this bumper cover come from?
    It is a Xenon with a special Croke touch.
    Last edited by Mike Croke; 02-02-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Fixed broken image

Ok so I am going to just say this.... I love you guys!!!! This made my winter. Here I haven't driven mine in 3 months. I miss it, just winter is hard on her and she is in good shape for the abuse it went thro. Quick how I got it story....
    My mother worked with the original owner. I remember seeing it when I was younger in the parking lot when I would go visit her at work. The car went thro 2 teenage male drivers that would beat on the poor 3.8l The first kid blew the original motor. So the she put in another motor for her second son. He lost interest in it. So she would drive it just to get it out. So it wound up sitting under a crabapple tree in her drive way for a year. My father convinced me to go look at it. I wanted a Stang. LOL So I said if we get it running I'll buy it. So a little tinkering, checking the vitals and she was running. $800 for the car and countless hours and more $$$ I am in love with it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am obsessed!! I thank my Father for making me go look at it. He too would love to get one but mom puts the axe on that one so he lives it out thro me. LOL. So here is a pic of how she looks Probaly the ugliest one to get posted, but loved none the less...... This was after all day of polishing. it only lasted 1 week the paint is to far gone.
    2004 Mach 1 The garge queen
    1988 F250 5.8L 5 spd 4x4 A true work horse!
    1980 F100 stepside Yard ordament
    1983 Capri L 5.8L FINALLY!!!
    ^Ready to play!!!!

Mike Croke

The Mercury in the front bumper cover is something of a mutt. The upper portion is the original '79. The lower is a Xenon air dam. To fill in that ugly unused space for a front license plate, I cut the "Mercury" section from the front bumper cover of a late 80s/early 90s Grand Marquis and molded it in. The air dam is molded to the upper bumper cover as well making it all look like one piece. It took a lot of time and is so sublte, most people don't see it until they look closely.

The '84 Turbo RS:

Another project that needs a lot of work. This is a twin of my first car in high school 23 years ago. For years, we drove past this poor thing and watched as it got worse until I finally stopped in to inquire about buying it. The guy initially was going to take the engine/trans out and scrap the rest of the car but he changed his mind after seeing our other cars and just sold it to me.

The previous owner neglected his diabetes to the point of having toes amputated and serious weight gain. As a result, he wasn't very agile and instead of sitting down, he would fall in. This broke the seat. Easily fixed for him:

Last edited by Mike Croke; 02-02-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Fixed some broken images

love the sound system!!
    past fox: 89 lx 5.0 notch dearly missed

You did a great job on that bumper, everything looks factory!

I wonder if he actually broke the seat, or did he send the seat through the floor? Or both
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Name:  capri start.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  59.0 KB
    Last edited by jks84caprirs; 01-09-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Hey 83capril, nothing to b ashamed of there, thats a good lookin Capri, PLUS, it sounds like you saved it from a hellish life!!! Be proud man!!

Now Mike on the other hand may have the worst condition Capri we've yet seen!!! All I can say is some people shouldn't own a car at all....ESPECIALLY a rare/cool Capri!! At least we know you'll bring it back to its former glory!!

Later, RAY
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

Thanks, silverfiveO.... The car is very solid, just the paint is now a faded black. lol,

Glad to see that Mike is saving the one he has. YEA!!!
    2004 Mach 1 The garge queen
    1988 F250 5.8L 5 spd 4x4 A true work horse!
    1980 F100 stepside Yard ordament
    1983 Capri L 5.8L FINALLY!!!
    ^Ready to play!!!!

Mike Croke

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    You did a great job on that bumper, everything looks factory!

I wonder if he actually broke the seat, or did he send the seat through the floor? Or both
    The seat back was broken and would not stay up. That's why he stacked the lumber up behind the seat.

He broke one of the rails so the seat would not slide forward or backward.

The floor is broken through and cracked at the rear outboard mounting stud.

He broke it reeeellll guudd.

I did not try out the 5.1 surround sound system he rigged up.

I LOVE Capri's but here in PA they are few and far between. I had the pleasure of driving Ray's carpi back in October when I was in OK for a visit, and it made me want one more. Right now i'm selling my Turbocoupe and pulling money together to buy either an ASC Capri or an FI 86 Capri. BTW I have one of those Xenon front bumper covers in my garage, I bought it to put on my 82 RS before it got screwed up bad by an imcompetant mechanic.

I just have my two:

1983 Capri RS:

1984 Capri RS:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Croke View Post
    The seat back was broken and would not stay up. That's why he stacked the lumber up behind the seat.

He broke one of the rails so the seat would not slide forward or backward.

The floor is broken through and cracked at the rear outboard mounting stud.

He broke it reeeellll guudd.

I did not try out the 5.1 surround sound system he rigged up.
    Some uh ... rigged up fixes there buddy!!!

I noticed while looking at the pictures that a lot of bubble backs are shown here....what happened to the 79-82 crowd....I know you guys wont be out done
    Last edited by 81capri; 01-23-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir."

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast