Close

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Owning a Capri is most definitely something special. I was hooked on them with my first sighting in 1988, then was finally able to get one in 92. After that one had to be put out to pasture it took over ten yrs to then get another that fit the bill. It's now been three yrs since finding this site and have loved every moment of it. What a good crowd and one that can appreciate Capris (and other four-eyes) the same way I can.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

i dont have the great love of the capri, but i can understand the feeling. I just love fox bodies, i think it was the red convertible in the Goonies that i thought was awesome and got me hooked at 4-5 years old. the one car that i really like oddly is the 7up edition. i have become a bigger fan of the 4eye rather than the aero, but i love the 7up cars. i remember being a kid an a guy in town had one, LX trim with turbines and raised white letters. man i drooled over that car every time i saw it. now that i have my coupe to mod like crazzy some day i would love to own that stock LX vert. ya, i know its not a carpi and i have derailed the thread a little, but i think the thread is more about the feeling when you see the car rather than the car its self.

the pisser of my story is that an acquaintance's grandfather passed away and left him a 7up, before that i would be surprised if he knew what a fox body was.
    original v8 AOD car For Sale
    1998 Mustang GT Vert

www.dslocum-photography.com

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    i recognize this car:

were you Brent71 on here before?

cale
    Nope, Brent71 is who bought it from me. He flew out from Chicago and drove it home. It had about 27,000 miles on it at the time. That's one I wish I never would have sold.
    85 McLaren Capri Coupe -Blue/orange, 5 spd, sunroof

05 GT -5 spd, Supercharged

Great responses guys....I'm glad to know that others go to the garage and mess with their cars like I do...just because!! Yes, the California duster comes out and it gets wiped down with Meguires Final Inspection and I'm happy. I'd be happier if I could get her out and go for a cruise, but at least I know she's clean, safe, warm and protected in the garage.

Someone mentioned they couldn't wait to get their Capri done and go for a road trip..... that is one of my favorite vacations of all time. Me, my Capri and a couple thousand car junkies on Hot Rod Power Tour!! We went in both 2000 and 2001 but 2000 was the best ever, we went from Pontiac, MI to San Bernardino, CA and followed much of the original Rt 66 path. Nothing like being "stuck" in your favorite car for 8 days and a few thousand miles!!! Plan a long trip in your Capri!! You'll never regret it!!!

Mike, while I'm jealous of your ASC and know someone who was really interested in owning it and is saddened by the fact your keeping it.....I for one am very happy you are able to keep it!! No matter what, you'll be glad she's still sitting in the garage down the road. Again, congrat's on being able to keep it!!

Later, RAY
    86 Capri 5.0/5spd: Too many mods to list
    93 5.0/5sp LX: Silver, 3,980 miles: now stored
    84 Thunderbird TurboCoupe: she's back!!
    84 Capri RS- T-top car built for my wife
    83 Thunderbird Heritage 5.0
    79 F100, new parts hauler and toy vehicle
    78 Bronco Custom: 2-wheel conversion project
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd
    64 Galaxie 500 390 Z-code
    55 Ford Customline Sedan-long term project

Thanks Ray, I probably really can't keep it but I'm going to for now. I have a few other things up my sleeve so hopefully everything works out the way I hope.

For now though I wish I had a place to park it so i can get My 83 RS in the garage and get working on that. This one I can build up just the way I want without messing up the rarity so bad.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

looking at all these great Capris I had to post mine since its tucked away for the winter
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

Great thread, fun stories, terrific looking Capris. I understand the bond between car guy and car.
    Bob in Lebanon, TN
    79 original owner six cylinder coupe
    MCA Gold Card judge for 3rd Generation cars

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    For now though I wish I had a place to park it so i can get My 83 RS in the garage and get working on that. This one I can build up just the way I want without messing up the rarity so bad.
    Doesn't Jack have an empty spot in his garage

Quote Originally Posted by 83rsturbo View Post
    looking at all these great Capris I had to post mine since its tucked away for the winter
    Looks great man, nice pic.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

[QUOTE=1982 niGhTmare;940709]Doesn't Jack have an empty spot in his garage

Yeah but I don't have a trailer to get it down there. he says it is a salt free zone. Ha Ha! But who can blame him. If I wouldn't have driven it until Nov. 31 it would be there.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Default I'm missing mine, away for the winter

Very Nice car you have there Red!

I would love to see a photoshop of your car in a light almost grabber blue with the charcoal accents. I'm thinking this will be how i paint my 83.
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108

Quote Originally Posted by 86capriASC View Post
    Very Nice car you have there Red!

I would love to see a photoshop of your car in a light almost grabber blue with the charcoal accents. I'm thinking this will be how i paint my 83.
    Thanks man, but i think owning a ASC puts you on top of the capri list, love to have one , I never even seen one in person. I think the color combo would be sweet also.

This is the nicest looking Capri I have ever seen.

-MJS

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    That is HOT! Love everything about it.
    85 McLaren Capri Coupe -Blue/orange, 5 spd, sunroof

05 GT -5 spd, Supercharged

Capris absolutely had a meaner look than the early Fox Mustangs. Daunting.

83 Mercury Capri RS, 91 Mustang Gt 'vert, 04 CO Mach 1

FEP Senior Member 85 Speedfreak's Avatar

Are you Capri guys getting snobby on us Mustang owners?lol!

Back in the 90's I worked at a small used car lot and at the time you couldn't buy a 5.0 Mustang cheap but a Capri was a giveaway car.Same went for Honda Civics.You could buy an Acura integra for half of what a Civic would cost and new the Integra was more.
    Same with the Capri and Mustang

I talked the owner into buying a Capri that I still have never seen another like.An 86' 5.0 5 spd in some type of factory competition orange looking color.
    I drove that car to lunch for a month until we sold it.The rear wheel wells somehow became undercoated with 2 sets of Goodyear Eagles in that time lol!
    I loved that car!
    Automatics are for girls

No, not snobby.....just appreciatting some respect that our cars generally never get. I almost hit a guy at a car show once when he asked me, " What, you couldn't afford a Mustang?" After a few four-lettered words about his up-bringing and a tense stare down, he backed away slowly only to leave in his POS 80's multi-colored Maliboo-boo with the ever so powerful 305!! Idiots!! About 2 or 3 weeks later, I pulled up next to same-said idiot in traffic....I just glared at him at the light and he refused to look over at me, when the light turned I left him in the dust and only ran through first gear!!
    Last edited by silverfive0; 09-12-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd

Quote Originally Posted by silverfive0 View Post
    No, not snobby.....just appreciatting some respect that our cars generally never get.
    Agreed...it's disheartening how little respect Capris get outside the four eyed lovers realm. While I do love them, and appreciate their uniqueness, it gets old explaining what they are to thee less educated. Fake Mustang, Crapi, and other negative names and comments be damned. This thread is all about showing appreciation.

Silverfive0, your 86 kicks @$$.
    Last edited by scoutdrivinrebel; 01-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Hey Scout, THANKS!! But I'd LOVE to see more pics of your ASC!! I've always loved them and your car has to be one of my favorites ever!! My car needs some TLC here and there and theres ALOT of stuff I'd like to do to it, but its alot of fun as it is and it gets alot of attention wherever I take it as it sits, so, I can't complain!

Keep the Capri pic's coming guys!! Really diggin' this thread!!!

Later, RAY
    73 Mach1 -351C-5spd

this is my capri[IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    83 merc capri, 2x3 chassis,466 bbf, glide,4.56,33x10.5wx15

i came into this world with nothing , and i still have most of it

I can not agree more that the Capri soes not get the respect that it deserves....I've heard capri!!! what is that?? if you are going to get that car why not get a mustang?? Some days I stop to explain and on others I just walk away....but I was bitten on 1989 when my father brought home an 81 capri 2.3 4speed and it was love at first site.....I'm trying to find another at this very moment....but she will always be my first love....I took that car to the prom...and I'm not kidding I really took the car....I spent three days cleaning it....and I wanted to show the car off so (shame of me now) I had the girl get a ride with her friends...and I hung outside the prom for about 2hrs talking and showign the car off before she tracked me down...ahh those were good times lol
    "Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy Sir."

i know the purist on this site dont like it , but i bought it as a race car,,,
    83 merc capri, 2x3 chassis,466 bbf, glide,4.56,33x10.5wx15

i came into this world with nothing , and i still have most of it

Quote Originally Posted by silverfive0 View Post
    Hey Scout, THANKS!! But I'd LOVE to see more pics of your ASC!! Later, RAY
    New camera coming soon....when it does you guys will get more pics of #77 than you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWTIEKILLER545 View Post
    i know the purist on this site dont like it , but i bought it as a race car,,,
    Hey, doesn't bother me. It's a Capri...it helps advertise how awesome these cars are and can be.

I feel the same way. Nothing cooler than walking out of the parts store to a few guys looking at your car. Some not even knowing what it is. Only 3 more months til driving weather. I hope this thread gets me through it.any more pics? Heres a few of mine to tide me over for now.

79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast