Close

Default need color code for my GT

I have an 82 GT and the color code is gone. It look like the color of this car. Can anyone help me with the name and code. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Macias Motorsports Racecars
    10.5 cars to racecars

Quote Originally Posted by fstnuf View Post
    I have an 82 GT and the color code is gone. It look like the color of this car. Can anyone help me with the name and code. Thanks
    Either Medium Red color code "24" or Bright Red color code "27" Most likely medium red.

Bill S.

If you do not have the vin sticker on the door to get the color code, check for the buck tag on the radiator support and get all the codes from it. The exterior color code is on it too.

If that's factory paint, it's Bright Red (27). Medium Red (24) is darker than that.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    If that's factory paint, it's Bright Red (27). Medium Red (24) is darker than that.
    FC, I believe that is actually Medium Red. That car is owned by "82 GT", and this is one of his galleries/pics.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/album.ph...pictureid=4988

Code 27 is actually a pretty rare code. Not too many are around. Evil8286 is the only one I've ever seen in person. Have seen several 24's (like this one).
    Last edited by eeprete; 12-31-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Looks like Medium Red to me.

Yeah, that looks like Medium Red to me. The pic at the top looks like Bright Red.

Get 82 GT to post the codes or pics of the VCL and Buck Tag from his car. I don't have any of them, and he said his had factory louvers.

Cameras and lighting can be decieving - but I would bet money on Medium Red "24" as well. Bright red under those lights and a camera flash would be blinding. Bright Red "27" was a mid-late year add to the color options, and I have never seen one in person and only seen a few in pictures.
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 01-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Yes, it seems I have been deceived by lighting and camera flash.