Close

Blog Entries

Default Montreal - Canadian GP 2010

I doubt we can pull this off, but I am seriously considering swapping our yearly trip to the Monterey Historics for the Canadian GP. I've never been to a Formula 1 Race and haven't been to Quebec in something like forever, and haven't ever been to Montreal.

If there are any Montreal-area members or any of you who have done the Canadian GP in the past and have advice on where to stay, what to do, anything of the sort, I'd appreciate any input you'd have. Especially if it's about trying to do an F1 race on the cheap.

Thanks!

Id go if it was not in Montreal/Quebec !!!

whats wrong with montreal ???? i'd say something about bowmanville but never heard of it !

As for on the cheap, there isn't much you can do. All hotels in the downtown area raise their prices because of the event. Your best bet might be to check out what's available hotel-wise around the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport, and book ASAP! Hotels downtown tend to be completely booked. It's not a bad drive to the track from the airport, probably around 25 minutes if you leave at the right time.

I'd highly reccomend coming up here, it's an experience unlike any other. Downtown streets packed with people, live shows, booths, incredibly hot women, and not to mention CARS! Every night in the week or so before the race, there are various expositions including a ferrari night, porsche night (I think?), an Austin Healey night (my fave). There are always people cruising down Ste-Catherine street in hot cars all throughout the night. It's a really great time all around.
    There are tons of food spots to go to here, and if you do end up coming just hit me up with a PM and I'll let you in on some local goodies!
    From what I hear the track here in Montreal is usually pretty hairy for the drivers and is really entertaining for the crowds, so it's an all around win. I'm not even an F1 fan, but I make it a point to go to the F1 festivities every time!

edit - there are motels that are cheap, but they're usually of the "hourly rate" variety...
    Last edited by bridgener; 01-28-2010 at 05:40 PM.

sound slike it would make a cool road trip imagine the look on the faces on the people at customs if every one rolled up in their stangs.
    mustang gt registry
    http://www.mustanggt.org/forums/inde...eferrerid=3400

F irst
    O n
    R ace
    D ay

Quote Originally Posted by bridgener View Post
    edit - there are motels that are cheap, but they're usually of the "hourly rate" variety...
    ewwww... i ended up staying in a place like that once when my friends and i went to hamilton to pick up my friend's capri. i was so disgusted i slept fully dressed with my coat and shoes on.

cale

if a few people can make it maybe we can do a cruise up north to tremblant,great ride and views

Quote Originally Posted by capri jimmy View Post
    if a few people can make it maybe we can do a cruise up north to tremblant,great ride and views
    That'd be better saved for the Ultra Ride '10. My buddy has these awesome planned cruises through the mountains north of Montreal up to Tremblant, no highways just nice twisty roads. I believe it's sometime in September. It's well organized and a nice variety of different cars show up, it'd be cool to have a 4-Eye contingent among us. My brother and I both plan to go with our 4 Eyes this year.

On another note, I agree completely with bridgener. I am from Toronto, and I've been to the Molson Grand Prix, and as much as I love it there I have to say Montreal is better in so many ways. And so is F1. During the F1 weekend there are so many Ferrari's cruising around Montreal it's ridiculous. The amount of Lambo's, Vipers, AMG's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's and other exotic and rare vehicles is quite amazing in and of itself.
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC