Close

Thread: Ranger Radiator

FEP Senior Member

Question Ranger Radiator

I am in the process of finding the best mounting location for a front mount intercooler in my 84 Turbo GT. I am considering using a Ranger radiator. I need to know what Ranger application you use and the approximate overall size of that radiator.

Thanks

no need to get a ranger radiator if you get the right intercooler. just my $.02
    "I'm a mental patient, I'm suppose to act out!"

The radiator in my car is the same as the one in my 1998 Explorer. My NPR intercooler works great with it, inlet and outlet fit like it was made for this radiator. The IC fits within the stock hole for the factory radiator. No cutting...and if you had to, easy enough to return back to original.
    Last edited by 1SVOCapri; 12-22-2009 at 07:23 PM.
    1985 Capri 75% SVO Mustang
    2.3, Evergreen Stage 3 T3/T4, Ported lower, gutted, rotated, and extended upper intake, Ported head, Ported E6 exhaust manifold, 35# injectors, 65mm TB, 255lph Walbro, FMIC, Underdrive crank pulley, adjustable Racer Walsh cam gear, 24# of boost, full 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series muffler. SVO 3.73 Trac-Loc Disc brake rear, WC 5-speed, Front coil-over conversion, 275-50R15 Drag Radials and Skinnies in the front.

The radiator I run in my Capri (with NPR intercooler) is from a 92 Explorer 4.0 with AC (2 row) or heavy duty cooling .

more pictures in this album...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/527957261lSSzVY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92...item2ea9996e37

I believe the dimensions are roughly 18 x 18.
    I'm using the NPR, a radiator like in the link above, a 92/93 Taurus fan and Flex-A-Lite 32017 overflow tank. I've got about $300 in the whole thing excluding the intercooler piping and couplers which might be different based on your intake.

FEP Senior Member loutheplumber's Avatar

front mount factory rad and a/c condenser
    1985 Capri GS 2.3l turbo
    1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe now lives as power plant in 1990 Jeep Wrangler
    2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
    1959 Ford 871 Select-o-Speed
    "You Can Tell The Men From The Boys By The Price of Their Toys"

Quote Originally Posted by martin0660 View Post
    The radiator I run in my Capri (with NPR intercooler) is from a 92 Explorer 4.0 with AC (2 row) or heavy duty cooling .

more pictures in this album...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/527957261lSSzVY
    Damn.....looks just like mine. IN MY CAPRI!!!

Nice fit, radiator and IC look like they were made for each other.
    1985 Capri 75% SVO Mustang
    2.3, Evergreen Stage 3 T3/T4, Ported lower, gutted, rotated, and extended upper intake, Ported head, Ported E6 exhaust manifold, 35# injectors, 65mm TB, 255lph Walbro, FMIC, Underdrive crank pulley, adjustable Racer Walsh cam gear, 24# of boost, full 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series muffler. SVO 3.73 Trac-Loc Disc brake rear, WC 5-speed, Front coil-over conversion, 275-50R15 Drag Radials and Skinnies in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by 85vert View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92...item2ea9996e37

I believe the dimensions are roughly 18 x 18.
    I'm using the NPR, a radiator like in the link above, a 92/93 Taurus fan and Flex-A-Lite 32017 overflow tank. I've got about $300 in the whole thing excluding the intercooler piping and couplers which might be different based on your intake.

What upper radiator hose did you use with this swap. looks like the lower ain't much of a problem. but upper is too small at rad. side.
    1984 svo

I’m going to get a laugh on resurrecting a old dead thread... but I’m installing a big NPR intercooler in my 83 Capri RS Turbo and looking for radiator advice. I’ve been looking at the 92 Explorer 4.0 with AC radiator.... problem being that it looks like the lower radiator hose points down on a funky angle. Are the stock photos lying to me? Anyone have first hand experience?

I’m going to get a laugh on resurrecting a old dead thread... but I’m installing a big NPR intercooler in my 83 Capri RS Turbo and looking for radiator advice. I’ve been looking at the 92 Explorer 4.0 with AC radiator.... problem being that it looks like the lower radiator hose points down on a funky angle. Are the stock photos lying to me? Anyone have first hand experience?