Close

Blog Entries

Default broken power steering bracket.

Suddenly developed a problem with my car throwing the belt, since i put the supercharger on. The bracket for the PS pump has always been cracked, for as long as i have owned the car, but it has never been a problem. However, since i needed to change the belt tensioner location to install the blower, it put more strain on the PS pump, and the bracket finally let go. I could not find the correct PS bracket for my car, anywhere. I found several aftermarket brackets, but they changed the location of the pump, and the correct bracket for my car is not reproduced. Wound up having to fab one up. I'm not honestly sure if the bracketry for my car is original '83 or not. Anyone else have a similar PS bracket? The alignment is not great.

Name:  20160605_185903.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  87.6 KB
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Nice fab work. Amazing what you can do when in a bind
    86 GT (Owned since 87)On going project
    86 #64 Saleen
    86 Coupe
    1980 Coupe(2)
    2003 Cobra
    2015 F-250