Close

Default 83-84gt exhaust tips

I have two 84 anny 5.0s one auto, one 5-speed, I would like to replace the dual exhaust tip that was only on the 83-84 gt, but I can,t seem to any one that makes replacement. I've searched the internet, but no luck, any ideas.

sorry
    Last edited by craigerSS; 12-06-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    here's to the freakin' weekend,I'll drink to that

Single tip was standard but Sport Tuned exhaust (dual tip) was available as an option until dual exhaust (H-dual or Y-dual) became available ...

Looks like there was a dual tip available from Maremont until recently (was on Mustang Unlimited catalog last time i checked a few months ago).
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Walker was the last company I saw that made them. I have an extra but it's going on my GT350 soon I hope. Keep looking, they pop up from time to time on ebay. Maybe put out a WTB ad for one here?
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

I found this company on the internet. I have never ordered from them, but they say they have the correct exhaust...Joe

www.waldronexhaust.com

i just took mine off of my 83

I checked both Walker and Maremont and both companys are no longer making the exhaust pipe with the dual tips. I searched the internet and used different search engines and located a maremont made pipe. I had to convince the guy to ship it to me, thankfully he did..I did asked if he had any more, and he said it was the only one he had. I went to my local parts store and bought the maremont muffler and intermediate pipe so that I will be ready when the time comes....Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

still need one? have the org fm my 83, the chrome is not like new(25 years old) but no chipping or pitting.
    Edel Perf intake & 600cfm carb & 6037 heads, non-roll eng 9.3comp,alignhone/torqueplate bore/balanced,cm filefit rings,recon rods&caps,10under crank,Clevite bearings&KB pistons,CompCam:dur 224I/224E@.050 lift/110,Crane alum1:6 RR,new8.8-373s.Granatelli upp/low cont arms,KYB adj.shocks,4 point K-member brace,B springs&ft cont.Arms,struttower brace,1 5/8 headers,weld subframe connectors.,10.5 clutch&flywheel,T-5Z/PRO5.0 shift.Canton7qt pan,bal shaft-Spicer u-joints.welded boxes.alum rad.MSD6AL&dizzy,17" Rs.276RWHP

Default TAIL PIPE

Here is some pic of the tail pipe, remember it's 27 years old!! I spent abpou 10 min hand polishing it with wenol red and more time will make it much better. the down side of it is much better than the up side im sorry to say but still pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Edel Perf intake & 600cfm carb & 6037 heads, non-roll eng 9.3comp,alignhone/torqueplate bore/balanced,cm filefit rings,recon rods&caps,10under crank,Clevite bearings&KB pistons,CompCam:dur 224I/224E@.050 lift/110,Crane alum1:6 RR,new8.8-373s.Granatelli upp/low cont arms,KYB adj.shocks,4 point K-member brace,B springs&ft cont.Arms,struttower brace,1 5/8 headers,weld subframe connectors.,10.5 clutch&flywheel,T-5Z/PRO5.0 shift.Canton7qt pan,bal shaft-Spicer u-joints.welded boxes.alum rad.MSD6AL&dizzy,17" Rs.276RWHP