Close

Default Some interior lights dont work???

Hey guys I just got a 90 LX (I know not a 4I but this should be good here) and the dome light, map light and visor lights dont work in the car. I hooked the map and visor lights to a 9V and they worked so its something with the car. I checked the fuses and they're fine so can anyone else think of something. I almost wonder if theres a break in the wires somewhere.
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 1C Vert = Grey int. no power options but A/C.
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
    85 GT 1C Hatch = Dads new toy ALL ORIGINAL
    85 GS/RS 4D Hatch = My first capri
    73 Mach 1 - 351 2bbl Auto Yellow w/Tan interior

Does the hatch light work? I don't know if your car would have a hatch switch to turn that light on, so opening the door will.

I would have to assume the radio works, since you didn't mention it?
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

The Radio works fine.
    A bunch of 85gt's

86 50CPRI

It looks like the fuse #8 feeds the interior lamps,and this is hot at all times. This is from a 92 wiring manual,as close as I can get.

86 50CPRI

does the radio illumination work OK?

IIRC there is a plug somewhere in the DS pillar area along the windhshield. Maybe at the top by the visor mount?? See if there is power coming to it.
    -Eric
    85 SVO 1C
    93 LX 2.3 5 spd stripper, no PW, PL, PM, w/ A/C & Sunroof
    92 Harley Fat Boy
    92 LX 5.0 - Long gone and sadly missed
    84 Capri T-Top - gone
    10 GT Premium

The hatch light works and the radio lights work but not the others mentioned. I know the fuse is good cause the other things for that fuse are good. I'll check that connector for power(I know theres one on the pass but idk about the drivers).
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5
    85 GT 2R Hatch = "Pepper"ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
    85 GT 2A Hatch = tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, frame connectors, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.

86 50CPRI

the diagram pics showed a LG/Y wire for the courtesy lamps

Check each individual circuit for power. Get a voltmeter and see how much voltage you have, if any, at each light bulb socket. As mentioned above, they are constant hot, so you should have voltage. If you don't have any, it's just a matter of following the circuit back till you have voltage again.
    I am very interested in Capris, Mustangs, Shelbys, and Saleens. Basically, if you cut me, I bleed Ford blue.

Well I put a test light on it and I had power at the connector on the pass side but of course nothing on the ends. Pulled the a-pillar piece out (breaking a upper trim clip in the process ) and found the problem. The were cut in half on an angle. The only thing i can think of is when they put the new windshield in the must have cut it by accident. All fixed now just need to get some new velcro to hold the visor flaps shut.

Thanks guys

John
    Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5