Close

Thread: Tach Question

Question Tach Question

Okay, about 2 months ago my original tach died, just stopped working while driving. So I checked all the plugs and connections and everything seemed to be plugged in, I replaced the tach yesterday with another stock tach out of my friends 83 GT, it is a good known working tach, and nothing.

I guess what im asking is there any fuses, circuit breakers, relays, etc in the tach circuit? or where could I possibly start looking? wiring colors? I dont really want to put an aftermarket tach in. Its just the Stock duraspark ignition system on my 83 5.0 Capri.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    83 Capri 5.0 5spd
    SN95 dash swap
    EFI conversion, etc etc.
    On Instagram? follow me -> @835ohcapri

Love the unique, NOT the common

Have you switched out the duraspark box? If what you say is true, that would be an easy test.

Kenny

See the attached items.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Have you switched out the duraspark box? If what you say is true, that would be an easy test.

Kenny

Yea, we switched boxes today and nothing still, works perfect in his.

Thanks FoxChassis, thats exactly what I was looking for, I needed something for me to follow, its perfect, thank you!
    83 Capri 5.0 5spd
    SN95 dash swap
    EFI conversion, etc etc.
    On Instagram? follow me -> @835ohcapri

Love the unique, NOT the common

I will have to set aside some time to scan all of the EVTMs I have and post them in the library...

Default I1985 LTD LX instrument cluster connector diagram needed

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I will have to set aside some time to scan all of the EVTMs I have and post them in the library...
    Say, I know this is old, but you wouldn't happen to have the LTD LX EVTM, would you? I am trying to swap the LTD LX instrument cluster into my SSP basic dash.
    I just need the pages with the instrument cluster terminal diagrams and the tachometer diagram. thank you

Default I1985 LTD LX instrument cluster connector diagram needed

I have posted question on LTD LX facebook page and nobody there seems to have a LX specific EVTM. Also searched this forum, read many posts, but the LTD LX is a niche model, so very difficult to find literature. thanks.
    Last edited by Touring1; 04-20-2017 at 11:50 PM.

I have a 1984 LTD EVTM but not 1985.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Glue the needle over to redline - at least it won't look sad anymore. And if anyone asks, it died happy.