Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AT6svo View Post
    Right on. You're way ahead of me when I was your age. Wish I had a dad that was into the hobby like yours is. Keep working hard like you have been and your car dreams will come true.
    Seconded.

And welcome to the site.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by varn82 View Post
    53 bug convert. man that sweet. thats a huge dollar car these days. oh yeah, sorry for the vw topic to hi-jack your thread man.
    Yeah ---- verrrrrry sweet ride.

Same here. I dont want to hi-jack a thread and make somebody else here mad at me. I guess I'm not good at doing right stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dburdyshaw View Post
    Yeah ---- verrrrrry sweet ride.

Same here. I dont want to hi-jack a thread and make somebody else here mad at me. I guess I'm not good at doing right stuff.
    the purpose of this thread was just to share my project and introduce myself to the site. if we get off topic thats fine with me. just tryin to meet some of the people here and get a feel for the site. never really joined a internet site before
    Build your own dreams or help someone else build theirs!

67 Mustang Coupe-Rusty Parts Car
    79 Mustang Cobra- Garage Art/Project Car 11.3@118mph on a 150 shot
    84 Mustang Gt- Bolt On Fun Car
    97 Wrangler Sport- Lifted on 33's - Trail Rig
    08 Mustang Gt- Bolt Ons, 12.89@109

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jvaughan View Post
    unfortunately i've already been stuck in an import =[ i saved up and went out shopping for a s10 or ranger but when i came home my parents "suprised" me by giving me a 2000 galant. i dont understand it. i snowboard and ski and stuff and i do it very frequently. i need 4 wheel drive. lol
    are you complaining about your parents giving you a free car? Your nuts dude! I would have loved it if my parents would have giving me ANY car, import or not. You should be more grateful. A lot of kids aren't given cars.

redlordamazon

Nice job. The key here guys is he is 16 and notice how he got the cash. WORKING WOW that is great cutting grass and working in a grocery store. This kid is out there making cash doing the type of jobs kids his age should be doing. Not sitting at home playing video games and text messaging etc. Most kids these days do not want to do the jobs that we did when I was that age. Keep up the good work on the car as well as you're work ethics.

Welcome to the site!!!! I love those 79-82's!!!!
    Good luck on that 67 too....!!! My Pop had one when I was 3 1/2 years old.....I'm 45 now and have been in love with Stangs ever since.

PS..............I drove a dark green 72 Super Beetle with a auto-clutch...before I got my first Pony.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

I'm glad you did join up. I belong to forums for a few of my cars.

They're helpful when you need help ---- and car guys are always cool.

I actually didn't mean that I'd make you mad at me. No worries. I just say stupid stuff alla time I guess.

Last edited by jvaughan; 12-01-2009 at 09:16 PM.

redlord thanks for you compliment. i dont get told that very often because my family is used to me to be a straight A student, work 2 jobs, be a volunteer fireman and still find the time to enjoy myself by working on my car. and dburdyshaw your right everywhere i go on this site all i find are cool people. no jerks trying to talk down on other peoples stuff. just people talking about there stuff and sharing information.
    Last edited by jvaughan; 12-01-2009 at 09:17 PM.

i know im not allowed to post parts for sale since i haven't been here long enough and haven't donated and such but i have a few things you guys might like and i wouldn't want to see them go to waste. my dad just told me i have 2 weeks to get rid of my old hood, lightbar, and hoodscoop. all original stuff off my 79. im not lookin to charge alot for them just dont want to see them get thrown out. pm me for more info. again sorry for any rules this may break. if there is a problem i will gladly take it down

FEP Member
    Garden City, Texas, small town in the middle of no where.

welcome to the site. great to see someone of the same age group joining up. me being 16 also work and am currently in the process of restoring my 85' GT with t-tops. i bought it for 3,500 and and put at least 5k+ into it. i have all the stuff to do a complete interior restore, the paint + sandpaper + bondo to repaint the car when it gets a bit warmer outside, and all the weather striping, exhaust upgrade, aluminum heads (havn't been put on yet), plus a bunch of other little things that add up lol. but like i said, its GREAT to see someone else join up. i have found this a EXTREMELY helpful site so far. Thanks all you FEP guys out there!

just start putting your 2 cents in on every thread out there and you will find that you meet the requirements really quick. and this kid dont sound ungrateful free car or not his parents should of known their kid better and gotten him a truck. i would politely ask to sell it and get a truck. while pointing out the cars inadequacies and the reasons to buy the car. if his parents are anything like mine they will be like oops ya you need a truck
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

redlord thanks for you compliment. i dont get told that very often because my family is used to me to be a straight A student, work 2 jobs, be a volunteer fireman and still find the time to enjoy myself by working on my car. and dburdyshaw your right everywhere i go on this site all i find are cool people. no jerks trying to talk down on other peoples stuff. just people talking about there stuff and sharing information.
    Does that leave you time to sleep? LOL

There are very many super cool people on this site.

Whether you have a showcar, racecar or rustbucket, it's all cool.

I'm confident that you'll be a welcomed addition here at FEP.

FEP Senior Member

prost!keep up with the hard work and don't stray off course and life will treat you well!

Huh I somehow missed this. Cool to have more young 'uns here

Looks like you have a cool project there. I wanted to have a nice father-son project just like this, but that was before I was really looking for my 82 GT. I wanted a 71 Mustang project car so bad (and I still do) but couldn't find what I was looking for

Anyways nice to have you here and I look forward to the end result!

Oh, and bless you for being a volunteer fireman, be safe!
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

thanks nightmare. if you want i think i know of a 71 mach for 500 bucks. from what i'm told it would be a big project but hey... its 500 bucks. haha. if you want i could dig up some more info. i just got a lead on it about a month ago but i'm not really into the style so i never followed up.

and yes i have SOME time to sleep but to give you a hint i'm still doing home work at midnight and i get up at 6am to leave for school. haha

thanks nightmare. if you want i think i know of a 71 mach for 500 bucks. from what i'm told it would be a big project but hey... its 500 bucks. haha. if you want i could dig up some more info. i just got a lead on it about a month ago but i'm not really into the style so i never followed up.

and yes i have SOME time to sleep but to give you a hint i'm still doing home work at midnight and i get up at 6am to leave for school. haha
    That would be sweet --- but --- I've kinda put it off for now until I finish college and my 82 so I can kinda keep the money in one spot for it. Also depends what "big project" means. Parts for them are very hard to find and very $$$.

Right now I've gotta fix my 93 and do a tranny swap to it, so as much as I'm wanting to say yes yes yes and PA is sorta driving distance (I'm in NY) I have to say no Unless if it's a killer deal..... Arrgghhhh you shoulda kept quiet LOL!
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheeldevil View Post
    just start putting your 2 cents in on every thread out there and you will find that you meet the requirements really quick. and this kid dont sound ungrateful free car or not his parents should of known their kid better and gotten him a truck. i would politely ask to sell it and get a truck. while pointing out the cars inadequacies and the reasons to buy the car. if his parents are anything like mine they will be like oops ya you need a truck
    That sounds like something a chick on that sweet sixteen show. "You bought me a car but it's the wrong one!" Trucks cost more than cars as well.

All I know is if my parents would have bought me a POS rusted toyota minivan I would have been more than happy. I had to walk/ride a bike/find rides till I had worked enough money to buy a car. I had friends that had parents that wouldn't even pay for drivers training let alone buy them a car.

All I'm saying is don't be a spoiled brat.

hey jvaughan where in chester county are you? Im in chester county PA too, west chester area

hell dude my first car was a pos too. but i was just saying he didnt sound like a brat.
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

New User

Sweet build man. all these chester county people in here. I work in west chester and go to school at penn state in media. Lots of four eyes running around apparently I havent seen any though. I just bought an '83 ill be driving it in a month or two once I get it all cleaned up and all.

Its cool to see a kid with a decent work ethic too I get up at 2am to go to work before school and then go right to class from work so I know how a hectic schedule is.

86 50CPRI

Welcome to the site.Its great to see somweone willing to work for what you want instead of the gimme,gimme thing. Your car sounds as if its going to be sweet. Keep it up!

Listen here young man. You can work on my car anytime. You do good work it appears in the pictures. These are skills you'll appreciate in another 40 years or so.
    1986 Tbird 3.8
    1992 Ford TBird LX 3.8
    1992 Ranger XLT 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by yzrider View Post
    Sweet build man. all these chester county people in here. I work in west chester and go to school at penn state in media. Lots of four eyes running around apparently I havent seen any though. I just bought an '83 ill be driving it in a month or two once I get it all cleaned up and all.

Its cool to see a kid with a decent work ethic too I get up at 2am to go to work before school and then go right to class from work so I know how a hectic schedule is.
    Yeah Im in west chester alot and I see very few 4I's, hell I hardly see mine lol it sits most of the time

Welcome to the site. I haven't been here that long but I really like the people on here. Very mature and respectful and always willing to help.

Your project looks great, looking forward to more pictures from you
    FOR SALE: 1984 Mustang GT350 20th Anniversary Edition with '86 Roller V8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast