Close

New User

Default New Member SVO radiator tag help Thanks

Great site! I was hoping someone might be able to help me with the metal tag on my 1984 SVO radiator support, sadly my door sticker is completely unreadable. My metal tag does not seem to have as much information as other people have posted. Here it is:

WFC-ZX 3L17
    3L45 A75S268D

The second line may start with 8L45 instead of the 3 as the number is right close to the bolt location. I will add my VIN number to this post later tonight. Additionally, has anyone had success on the door stickedr by peeling the clear face off to reveal the data below, mine seems foggy.

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

JASON,ITS ABOUT TIME YOU JOINED HERE!!!!!!!Guys,Jason is an old friend of mine that i have been trying to get on here for a while. His SVO is swweeeeet! the tan coupe pics in the BS area i posted is his.
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

Welcome Jason.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

New User

VIN # 1FABP28T4EF131###
    Door Tag: Can not be read
    Metal Radiator Support Tag WFC-ZX 3L17
    3L45 A75S268D

The metal tag you posted codes from and said was/is on the radiator support was originally on the rear axle assembly (Axle Tag). Do you have the Buck Tag that was originally on the radiator support?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

New User

hmmmm, the previous owner had done some pretty extensive restoration and paint work, guess he goofed that one up. i will look again. are there any other locations i can look to find meaningful data? BTW, did the metal tag from the rear end tell us anything? Thank you for your knowledge and help.

j

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/attachme...1&d=1250648065

The Buck Tag is anywhere within that yellow circle. The green arrow is pointing to the tag on that particular car.

The Axle Tag tell you the axle ratio, ring gear diameter, and build date of the rear assembly....

3L17 = November 17, 1983 build date
    3L45 = 3.45:1 w/ locking (Traction-Lok) differential
    75 = 7.5" ring gear

New User

thank you very much, i will look for additional tags....maybe he put the tag i am looking for on the rear end instead 0f the radiator. if the tag is not there, what next? Anywhere else to look? Vin probably doesnt help much, right? I appreciate all your help.

J

Since the VC Label (door tag) is foggy, you'll have to hope there is a Build Sheet somewhere in the interior and that it is in good enough shape to be legible. It can be under the carpet, under the seats, under the dash, behind the trim panels, under the spare tire, etc.

Any luck finding the Buck Tag?

Not yet,he's been trying to find a garage to rent for a t/c swap into an 84 coupe
    putting together a little something special......stay tuned!

92 notch-WIP
    87GT-S Trim,4:10s,AOD=12.70@107
    89vert-sold
    84SVO-WIP
    84 notch-aka-FREAKSHOW
    85GT shell-for sale
    78 Zephyr-WIP
    86 Capri RS-WIP

Finally,the list of fox wants is complete!!!

New User

I looked again tonight and no dice, when i welded the 6 point cage in 5 yrs ago the car was pretty much stripped and i did not see a build sheet so i guess i am out of luck. Its so painful, i can see a few markings on the damn door tag but just not enough left to produce meaningful data. i will keep digging. Thanks for checking in on me.

J