Close

Default 1984 Mercury Capri T Top 5.0 RS Production #'s

Hoping someone might be able to help. Looking to find out how many T Top RS Capri's were made. I've decoded the VIN and cross ref'd my Capri literature and books but can't find the percentage of those made with hardtop, sunroof, and T roof. Does anyone have these available?

I know that only 3,600 or so RS's were made in 84 but that's as far as I've gotten.

Thanks for the help.
    VIN is 1MEBP79M9EF 60-6130
    John

1984Mercury: Can you post the codes from the Buck Tag and the VC Label? And the options and mileage that the car has? Thanks.

Don't think I have that info. . . I will try to get it though. Thanks. Just didn't know if they ever published that info. I know they published the hardtops vs convt's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984Mercury View Post
    Don't think I have that info. . . I will try to get it though. Thanks. Just didn't know if they ever published that info. I know they published the hardtops vs convt's.
    No such thing as a hardtop from 79-86. Hardtops are cars with no B pillar.

The only convertible Capri information we have are the ascMcLaren production numbers and that is from asc and not Ford.

For Mustangs there are production numbers floating out there which are probably fairly accurate but unproven at this point.

-Mike

Mike, you're right I should have been more specific. As far as I can tell Ford / L / Mercury didn't publish any info regarding number of sunroof cars, number of t roof cars, or otherwise. Specific to four eyes, it would only be hatch, coupe, conv ( I know that since this is a Capri that I was referring to, this would not apply and would only be referenced to the ASC McLaren Capris ) models. I've seen some percentages on this site that indicates that some years 7-10% of the models produced were t roof cars, but I have yet to see any figures from the factory to substantiate this thus far. At this point, we're left to assemble our own data and best guesses on these. Sorry if I was not clear in the beginning, should have worded this more accurately.

Thanks for the follow up.

Sandy Block apparently got production figures from someone within Lincoln-Mercury on the '85 and '86 Capris.

1985-86 Capri Production Numbers (Sandy Block / Mercury)

I would trust that data more than I would the Mustang and Capri data I constantly see quoted from books by a certain author. I can tell you right now that the database I am working on contradicts the total number of 1983 Capris and 1983 Turbo RSes purported to have been produced in one of the author's books.

We only pull that 7-10% out based on those figures.

It is a total guess just to try and get in the ballpark.

-Mike