Close

Default Cars & Concepts T-top Conversion. Process/information thread.

Does anybody know the process that they did to convert a Hardtop to a ttop? Any paper work or diagrams or any documentation? I'm looking to do a T-top install on a Hard top 1991 Hatchback Mustang Lx. I'm just curious on they did it. What parts were used, what parts were modified or replaced. What doors/glass they used. All things related to that. I think that this could be a great thread to have around for others interested in exactly what the company did during the conversions. I'm sure there are some users on here that know alot about it. Or maybe even a former employee? Any information/pictures is greatly appreciated! I'm aware that there is a "FoxChassis" member that knows a very fair amount of information about these cars so that would be awesome if he chimed in as well! Any others with information would be awesome! Thanks!!!

Pm'd Fox Chassis. Hopefully he'll chime in!

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

i just got a new mustang book and it has 2 pics of the conversion of the real pace cars. The captions say that Ford sent over a body buck that was fastened to the car while they cut out the center section (targa style) Then they welded in the T section and cleaned everything up.
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

86 50CPRI

Don't mean to sound harsh,but use the search here.There is one thread currently on going about a member converting his Pace Car.There are at least a couple more threads discussing this same thing.