Close

Default Pulling Bronco 351

i hope someone doesnt get mad for posting this, but its the only forum I'm on
    and a lot of you guys own broncos

Im changing the oil pan gasket on it, and its a b**** so im just pulling the engine
    i got to the second bolt on the tranny above the starter, and theres no way to get it, and im getting pissed cause nothing will work on this thing
    has anyone done a gasket on a bronco?
    Is there an easier way?
    Thanks
    -Vance
    Still got the '80 capri. Covered and kept in storage until i finish my IBEW apprenticeship and move back home. In the meantime I'll lurk around here or you can catch me on Powerstroke.org OR Fullsizebronco.com

Can you get to it from the top? I never had to do it. Try doing the trans lines what fun
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

got it all, it was long and painful
    the engines out right now, but its going back in tomorrow with the new gasket on

and i could have gotten it from the top, but i didnt wanna take the manifold off
    Still got the '80 capri. Covered and kept in storage until i finish my IBEW apprenticeship and move back home. In the meantime I'll lurk around here or you can catch me on Powerstroke.org OR Fullsizebronco.com

Yea, it's a pain in the ass. Might as well put in a new oil pump and pickup while the engine is out. Otherwise, you have to pull the engine again

My buddy just rebuilt his 351 in his 87 Bronco, and reused the old oil pump and pickup. It's still making the same noises as it was before. Now he's mad because he has to pull the engine to replace it.

Oh yeah no doubt, i replaced that and everything i could think off:
    put gaskets on the manifolds, spark plugs, pan gasket,
    the works
    i dont want to have to do it for a longg time
    though i will probably have to knowing my luck