Close

FEP Member

Default 1979 Mercury Capri RS 2.3T Build

Hey guys, I've been a member of this site for quite sometime but now I'm acutally working on my Four Eye. It's a '79 Mercury Capri RS with the 2.3T engine. It's been mine since highschool and I just can't let it go. Here are a few picture and I'll do my best to keep the thread updated as time goes by. Enjoy the beginning of a great looking car.

Lamont.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks for the pics Lamont and remember time is always on your side friend.

Dan & Paula

FEP Member

Oh yea I know that. I finished building a car so now I can dedicate all my time to this car. I've been working on it on the weekends and after work when time will let me. I'll snap some pictures of the engine and post those too. I'll be turning to you guys for advice and support through this build.

Lamont.

lookin good.
    57 chev p/u 4x4
    92 bimini lx
    93 cobra
    03 Navigator
    79 pace car build--> http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=85264

FEP Member

Thanks SpeedBunch Here are some before pictures. Notice the frame rot, I had to cut new metal and weld it back in. What a joy! The engine was fun taking out too. That's my buddy in the picture.

Lamont.

FEP Member

Well, I have been working on the electrical for the engine bay. Ran the main harness and some of the sub harnesses as well. There were a lot of dirty wires so I cleaned each one of them with Simple green and a rag. I eliminated ALL of the cruise control stuff so it can be put back the way it was. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the cruise control stuff. I still need to hook up a few more things but it's looking really good. Here are some pictures fo my progress.

Lamont.

FEP Member

Wow, it's been a long time since I've updated this post. A lot has happend with my car. I bought some Eibach lowering springs, new lower control arms, new bushings, new tie rod, new rotors, new brake pads, new breaings, new brake hoses, etc....... I have the engine installed and it looks great. Yesterday I got the turbo back from being rebuilt and it looks great too. I have now torn out the transmission, gas tank, rear end, and fuel lines so I can paint the under body of the car. Here are some pitures to enjoy. There a lot that has been done to the car so far and it's starting to come a long nicely. Neil, I hope you're reading this too because I'll need your wisdom as well as all the wisdome from other members of this board. Enjoy the pictures.
    http://s789.photobucket.com/albums/y...ontyc50/Capri/

Lamont.

FEP Member

I pulled the tag off of the rear end for my Capri. Can any tell me what the numbers mean on the tag? They are: WGX-HX 9F20
    3 45 75 V284B
    I spun the drive shaft and both wheels turn one direction. So does that me I have the 7.5 posi? I'm thinking of keeping it and building an 8.8 for it later. Thanks guys.
    Lamont.