Close

FEP Senior Member

Default fuel injected hard fuel lines, school me

im going to be replacing all the lines on my car and going fuel injected turbo, noting crazy hp wise, just looking to make it look like it would if it was a stock fuel injected car.

so what material do you use for the hard lines, alum.,steel,ect??

what kind of connectors,can you just double flair them like brake lines and just use brake line connectors?

also anyone know of a good aftermarket inline fuel filter for a fuel injected car?
    please tell me your experiance with pluming your own lines.

you want to use automotive tubing and double flair it because it's soft and coated to handle the weather much better. the steel stuff is more for industrial and will rust up in no time. unless you go stainless, which is more money but safe to just single flair.

automotive flairs are 45*, if you start getting into the an stuff it is 37*. i'm in the process of making a new fuel line from tank to carb on my 84. on my car i'm going to use russel stainless hose and the special an hose end fittings in place of the rubber. i can't say much as to flairing 37* double flairs, all the 37* flairs i've ever done were single flairs on steel industrial tubing. i'm going to use pipe to an adapters to get around spending money on a 37* flaring tool.

that's all i can contribute, good luck!

cale

I must be missing something. How/why is the 37* is beter than 40*. Heard it mention that 37* is beter but no one has said why
    82 Capri RS, 5.8L, solid drop mounts, areomotive fuel system, 3" exhaust, ROD six speed, MM torque arm suspension, "mathis" 90 k-member, 04 cobra control arms, h&r springs, koni shocks, m-2300-k, caged, battery relocate

I don't think it has anything to do with what's better, rather what's compatible with the components/fittings of what you are building.
    85 SVO
    94 GT CMC#71
    65 Fastback

FEP Senior Member

so i can just use brake line, for fuel injected fuel line, iirc they are galvinized lines.

FEP Member

Brake line will work fine, thats what I use. My zephyr has a stock 89 302 so I ran 5/16 for the pressure and return. I used the stock hard lines from the fuel rail to where they stop in the passenger wheel well and ran new to the tank. I used fuel injection rated rubber hose to make my connections with the F/I hose clamps. I also run a stock f/i mustang filter. I had a 89 mustang with a single turbo that made 350 to the tires with stock fuel line, but anymore that 400 I would step up to 3/8 or bigger.

yep the brake line stuff is the stuff to use.

cale