Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEP Senior Member

Default pics of wire tucked carbed 4 eyed cars.

im not sure if this is the right spot to post this ?, but here goes.
    so please post pics of wire tucked carbed 4 eyed cars.

I still need to wire tuck my MSD and Oil Pressure guage Tube, just wanted to get it running. I can get picks of everything inside the fenders. Its very easy to wire tuck and well worth it. I was scared to do it for awhile and then once i did it, wish i did it sooner... still not completely done.

1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 84rsturbo View Post
    I still need to wire tuck my MSD and Oil Pressure guage Tube, just wanted to get it running. I can get picks of everything inside the fenders. Its very easy to wire tuck and well worth it. I was scared to do it for awhile and then once i did it, wish i did it sooner... still not completely done.
    yeah, if you could post more pics that would be cool, im going to be doing a wire tuck on the 82 soon, the cool thing is there is not a super lot to tuck/splice with a carbed car..

FEP Member

i did mine last weekend:

i still need to run the wires from the dist to the coil. i added a MSD coil, but not a resister, so it burned up the electronic ignition module.

im really considering battery relocation and putting an overflow can in the front fascia. as well as an electric fan. i have a clean intake and fab valve covers waiting to go on it, so i didnt bother cleaning the engine, just the wiring and engine bay paint.

its easy to run the windshield squirter and hood release cable in the inner fenders too.

FEP Member

here's a before shot:

Never really finished mine, got impatient. LOL.Plan on it this winter.
    1985 mercury capri, 347, twisted wedge, TFS stage 3, Parker Funnel Web intake, demon 650, all MSD, 8.8, 4.10s, Hoosier QTPs...stock T-5 :0

FEP Senior Member

cool, keep posting them,
    also were/how or in what orentation did you guys route your wires,if its explanable in words.

FEP Member

my car was a FI v6 origionally. so i trimmed out most the unneeded wires, there're still a few i dont know what they do. the wiring enters the engine bay in two places, the passengers side, and drivers side. the majority of the wiring that comes out of the pasenger side goes over to the drivers side.

i pulled the headlight/alternator/starter harness all the way back to the firewall, i enlarged the hole behind the shock tower, and run all the wiring through there. the only harness i had to cut and resplice was for the turn signals. i pulled the inner fenders out, and just took my time and figured it out, it really wasnt that bad. pulling the front nose cone off would make it easier, but i did it with it on.

FEP Senior Member

how do you go about routing the wires for the dizzy and choke, run them straight back over the intake to the firewall or ????

i know i've got a better pic, until i can find it this one will have to do..
    wiring harness went from being the size of my thumb going through the driverside firewall hole to the size of my pinky...
    83 GT w/ T-Tops (JeffCleaned)
    2021 Turbo Blue Audi S5

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by rab View Post
    how do you go about routing the wires for the dizzy and choke, run them straight back over the intake to the firewall or ????
    that would be the cleanest way to do it. because my car was motor swapped with an old motor, i just have 2 wires from the dist to the coil, and the 12v keyed and tach signal to the coil. i also have no choke.

Nice jobs.. alot of effort! Maybe a few minutes of attention to the plug wire routing would make it complete.
    1985 LTD
    1986 GT
    1989 LX Hatch Road race
    1991 LX Convt Street Killer
    2002 150 SuperCrew FX4
    2008 EDGE
    1969 WHEEL HORSE
    Stock Sucks
    F#*k the Factory
    I didn't build it for you

Banned

How do you do this? Where do you put all the vacuum lines and the T? Or the solenoid and all the wires running to it? I would love to do this to my car but I have no idea where to start.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by DETROIT View Post
    How do you do this? Where do you put all the vacuum lines and the T? Or the solenoid and all the wires running to it? I would love to do this to my car but I have no idea where to start.
    my car is rather butchered. the vacuum line for the HVAC stuff comes off the intake and into the firewall. After i pulled the Cruise module out, i didnt need the vacuum "T" so i ditched it all together. The solenoid is between the fender liner and the shock tower on the passenger side.

before you go through it, you need to decide what all you are keeping...cruise control, a/c and all that. i ditched both. the only vacuum i needed was to the booster so i have one line going to that. i mounted everything else on the inside fenders, its very simple....
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1982 Mustang GT

FEP Senior Member

bump for more

I envy wire tucks so much, I'm real hesitant to do one though cause I Hate Hate Hate wire problems! All the pics look great. good job!
    Usually, old ladies tell me to find Jesus

Wow all that black looks SO good!!! It looks great where it looks like there are no wires!!! Good job!!!

Wow i seen this thread at just the right time. This is one of my winter projects for my car and i just started yesterday. For running the wires behind the fenders do you have to take the fenders off? I really dont want to take mine off and risk scratching/damaging them lol. Also there is a big group of wires going from the firewall straight to the lights or around there somewhere, how do i get that groupe behind the fender? Will i have to track down every single wire, disconnect it, run it through the fender then reconnect it?!

OK, so all y'all guys with the tucked wires, what's with the plug wires just running
    whichever way? Kinda undoes all your hard work...
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

do you have over heating problems?

cale

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Wow all that black looks SO good!!! It looks great where it looks like there are no wires!!! Good job!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntiRiceRacing View Post
    Wow i seen this thread at just the right time. This is one of my winter projects for my car and i just started yesterday. For running the wires behind the fenders do you have to take the fenders off? I really dont want to take mine off and risk scratching/damaging them lol. Also there is a big group of wires going from the firewall straight to the lights or around there somewhere, how do i get that groupe behind the fender? Will i have to track down every single wire, disconnect it, run it through the fender then reconnect it?!
    No you dont have to take your fenders off, you have plenty of room, but you WILL have to remove the wheelwells... Unplug the headlight wires and all of them running to the front, and pull it all back, and you can fit it in the hole behind the shock towers... Some people have to open up the holes.... Its very simple once you get into it and see what everything does and what all you need...

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    OK, so all y'all guys with the tucked wires, what's with the plug wires just running
    whichever way? Kinda undoes all your hard work...
    I know, i know... Wires are kinda long and id rather them not burn up...i will reorganize!haha

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    do you have over heating problems?

cale
    No not at all. Runs right at 180 where i want it. I have an electric fan now...
    1982 Mustang GT

IMO, it's pretty tough to beat the way Ford originally routed the plug wires on the 5.0.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

FEP Power Member ScreeminChikin's Avatar

My 82 Capri

'90 LX Sport 5.0\T5
    '90 GT 331\T5
    '90 Notchback 5.3LS\S480 Turbo\TH400

FEP Senior Member

You know all you guys can hide the hood release cable too so it doesn't sit on top of the drivers side fender. Just throwing that out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast