Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
    Rubber bushings on the mounting points of the tripod maybe??
    Great idea on th rubber bushings...I just made it back. Well, like I said before my best ever was 12.32@110. With the G-Force tranny being the ONLY change that I made...12.11@110. Funny thing is, everything else was the same...1.70 60' and 110mph. Only the ET changed, which was what I wanted anyway. Next is going to be drag struts and shocks, looking for some 11 second passes. Pretty good ET change just with a tranny change, I'm happy with the result. Uploading video now, should have some up tomorrow. Thanks guys.
    1985 mercury capri, 347, twisted wedge, TFS stage 3, Parker Funnel Web intake, demon 650, all MSD, 8.8, 4.10s, Hoosier QTPs...stock T-5 :0

Nice time!!!!! I have a kind of similar setup but havent been to the track yet and dont have a very good drag racing suspension set up. Did you have to change pistons to use the tw heads and that cam?

Nice time!!!!! I have a kind of similar setup but havent been to the track yet and dont have a very good drag racing suspension set up. Did you have to change pistons to use the tw heads and that cam?
    Nope, all stock 88 shortblock. I just did basic rebuild, you know, rings, bearings, and gaskets...and bolted on the heads. It seems to run pretty good, with all stock suspension. I have boxed rear control arms and four cylinder front springs, but it has stock replacement shocks and struts. Hopefully work on that this winter.
    1985 mercury capri, 347, twisted wedge, TFS stage 3, Parker Funnel Web intake, demon 650, all MSD, 8.8, 4.10s, Hoosier QTPs...stock T-5 :0

did you spray the nitrous?? you'll be wanting 10's then.

did you spray the nitrous?? you'll be wanting 10's then.
    Yeah, I tried it...kinda problematic though. It spun bad off the line with some strange tire shake, then in third I about hit the wall...so I backed out of it. Scared the poop outa me. LOL.

ha ha. That could have sucked bad!! how big of a shot was that? sounds like a 150 or something?

adding vids.
    Last edited by dy85merc; 10-19-2009 at 07:48 AM.

awesome results! what kind of weight reduction do you have if any?
    im hoping for similar times(not as fast im thinking...) i have strange struts/shocks just need upper and lower control arms, better tires, adn would like a better gear then the 355 i have...
    1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

Car is 3200 with me (190) in it. About the only weight reduction I've done is remove the insulation from the carpet and a fiberglass hood. Everything else is still there.

Can I see the splits from your best pass? Those G force trannys are awsome. I got to drive one years ago and was shocked at how little effort it took to shift it.
    A bunch of 85gt's

Quote Originally Posted by jleews6 View Post
    Can I see the splits from your best pass? Those G force trannys are awsome. I got to drive one years ago and was shocked at how little effort it took to shift it.
    You mean time slips or video? LOL, I can do the slips...if I can find the older one.

congrats on the run on the new trans. That car is a beast for sure.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

after the trans is broken in and you have drained the fluid after a couple of passes and runs, its quiet...my trans is just like a stock t-5, now. Its not hard to downshift or upshift. there is a misconception on the sound and driveability of this trans. I have ran mine in my car for years, and no problems with it.. My trans doesnt clunk when i downshift either. its all in the driver and clutch. if you guys have any more questions about the faceplated t-5. hit me up... I know there isnt to many of us that are truly driving these transmissions on the street.
    Stephen Johnson
    SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
    National Record Holder 9.49 @ 139mph
    1985 Mustang daily driver
    10.88mph 125mph N/A 337

Cant wait to drive mine on the street ................
    OOTB TW heads , AFM B4 cam , Systemax , 4.30's
    2900w/ driver
    Best 1/4..... 11.51 @116 mph...1.52 60ft...1933 D/A
    Need a cage to go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Quik85GT View Post
    after the trans is broken in and you have drained the fluid after a couple of passes and runs, its quiet...my trans is just like a stock t-5, now. Its not hard to downshift or upshift. there is a misconception on the sound and driveability of this trans. I have ran mine in my car for years, and no problems with it.. My trans doesnt clunk when i downshift either. its all in the driver and clutch. if you guys have any more questions about the faceplated t-5. hit me up... I know there isnt to many of us that are truly driving these transmissions on the street.
    Is yours the straight cut gears? The only way I can downshift without raking gears is if I'm going like 5mph...LOL. But I don't care though...it's the forward motion that I like. It kinda makes up for the bad...

FEP Member

I had 2 faceplated 3550's from Liberty's. I loved them, terrible to drive everyday though. Had to speed shift every time even if you weren't getting on it. The sound that thing made coming through an aluminum driveshaft, sounded like someone tapping the driveshaft with a ball peen hammer. You'd swear the car was an auto if you heard it from a distance, I just waited for the limiter on the 7Al-2 and never lifted. Ugh, now I have a C4, boo.
    Real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!

86 GT t-top
    90 Notchback
    86 Turbocoupe
    71 Mach 1

FEP Member

Thumbs up

great runs by the way!
    Real cars don't power the front wheels, they lift them!

86 GT t-top
    90 Notchback
    86 Turbocoupe
    71 Mach 1

Awesome car and good driving. Once you get them suspension parts installed you will def be knocking on 11's door. Oh and cool how you installed your guages.

Loving the videos! Nothing better than banging gears, getting loose on the bottle in 2nd, and having to let off in FOURTH! Looks like a wild ride
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by dy85merc View Post
    Is yours the straight cut gears? The only way I can downshift without raking gears is if I'm going like 5mph...LOL. But I don't care though...it's the forward motion that I like. It kinda makes up for the bad...
    straight cut it is
    Stephen Johnson
    SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
    National Record Holder 9.49 @ 139mph
    1985 Mustang daily driver
    10.88mph 125mph N/A 337

I've been driving mine a little on the street, got the upshift down great....still can't do the downshift...without raking. wth?

man i am just waiting to see that 11 second timeslip and i am sure you are too.
    306 H/C/I-T5-4.10s

86 50CPRI

are you in the 11's now..I thought there was a You tube vid from december showing an 11...

It'll go 11.40 on 150 shot, but 12.11 on motor best to date. I added lakewood 90/10s and 50/50s, adjustable uppers, 27" hoosier QTPs and switched to 4.10s...went to the 1/8 mile yesterday and got the slowest 60' times in years. I'm kinda baffled, I'm goin to adjust my pinion angle and try even more air pressure changes this weekend. When I get it sorted out I'll head to the 1/4...get 3-4 times more runs at the 1/8 test and tune...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast