Close

New User

Default Putting a 5.0ho roller motor into an 82 non roller questions

i did a search but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. i am putting a newer 5.0ho in my 82 bronco that came with a 302 2 barrel. what all do i need to install this. its going to have a Holley 600 4 barrel. but im looking for advice on a good aftermarket cam that will give me tons of low end torque and still make decent power up top. also i am looking for recommendations on a 4 barrel intake. also can i use my mechanical fuel pump on the roller motor? anything else i will need to put this in and mate it up to my C6?

Make sure you get a compatible gear for your distributor or use an 85 5.0 distributor. I did this swap in my 82 GT about 18 years ago and used a distributor from an 85 5.0 with manual transmission. That is the only year with carb and roller cam stock. Good luck.

You will need a timing cover with t provision for the pump on the side, and you'll need the eccentric on the timing chain. You'll need the steel distributor gear as mentioned above. I'd go with a Performer RPM intake and the stock HO cam isn't bad if you can get it on the cheap.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

New User

can most of this stuff come off my existing 1982 302 motor?

Yes- Except the distributor gear..
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

This thread has been moved to the General BS forum. The tech forums are only for vehicles within the scope of this 'site.

New User

can i take the dizzy gear off the roller motor and put on my current dizzy by chance? im trying to do this swap as low cost as possible