Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 4 EYED CAR SHOWS IN FL???

I AM SO SICK OF GOING TO FORD/MUSTANG SHOWS AND 90% OF THE CARS ARE 05-09 MUSTANGS!! ARE THEIR ANY GOOD 4 EYED SHOWS IN FL???? LET ME KNOW.

did you go to the oct 03 show and end up as disappointed as i was.
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

That's how ALL shows are...always.

In fact in some cases its an advantage to be the only 4 eye at such a car show. You'll get more attention because you'll stand out...not always, but sometimes since 90% of the other cars are new and after awhile all look the same with everyone buying the same parts to put on their cars.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Chicago, Illinois. home to the world's largest collection of potholes

four-eyes are rare.. its something i like. you don't see very many and they stand out in shows.
    hello, my name is Epi and i'm addicted to four-eyes
    '86 Mustang GT convertible - restomod
    '86 Capri - DD hotrod
    '08 Ford Edge - Weekend hauler
    past:
    '86 Mustang GT hatch - sold for diapers
    '87 LTD - gone after 12 long years
    '90 Mustang LX - cancer
    '86 Thunderbird 3.8L
    '87 Mustang GT

there are usually about 5 4eyes at the towershops friday night cruise
    02 F150 Lightning
    82 mustang gt

Sounds like a good reason to start our own 4 eye show!
    1985 Mustang GT, owned since 1989
    2000 Expedition XLT 219k miles
    2011 Expedition XLT

would love to

The only thing worse that going to a show with a million 05 to present mustangs, is having to judge all those 05 to present mustangs.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

We really need to get one organized. I never realized how many people are in florida. I hate being the only 4 eyed at car shows. I feel so left out
    1983 mercury capri crimson cat

5.0 302

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6

that sounds like a great idea. count me in!!!

count me in...............if i see one more late model shelby.........i mean come on you seen 1 you seen them all...and usally the owners think what they have......maybe if ford did not make so many it would be nice to see one every now and then...they should have done a more limited number

As long as you can get them all in one place. That's what i notice about car shows is that there are only a handful of 4 eyes...that there is probably the problem. Some don't like showing, some don't know about it, some don't care.

Most don't appreciate the early fox cars and treat them as cheap beaters.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

lets face it if it was not for how well the fox platform did the mustang prob would have come to the end of the road yrs ago just like the t/a & camaro or im sure we all remember when their were rumors of the mustang going to FWD like the poor monte ss...the fox platform will be held in history as the body style that kept the mustang alive..the 79-93 mustang is the longest running body style...you had 64-68 69-70 71-73 74-78 fox platform ran for 15 model years...and at the time was the best bang for the buck....
    Last edited by 8384GT; 10-04-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Zap's 85 GT View Post
    Most don't appreciate the early fox cars and treat them as cheap beaters.
    the reason why is most of the junky fox cars (ones that have seen better days) are out on the streets, while the good looking ones are hiding in peoples garages. Thus the general public thinks early fox cars are nothing but cheap beaters
    Got a problematic mustang, a thunderbird that needs a transmission, a lincoln with failing airbag suspension and a mustang body that needs a drive-train but other then that I'm gooood.

WARNING: bad english detected

And with that in mind, you can goto any car show and feel special when people pass up that shiney 09 GT Mustang to look at your "classic" Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by 8384GT View Post
    lets face it if it was not for how well the fox platform did the mustang prob would have come to the end of the road yrs ago just like the t/a & camaro or im sure we all remember when their were rumors of the mustang going to FWD like the poor monte ss...the fox platform will be held in history as the body style that kept the mustang alive..the 79-93 mustang is the longest running body style...you had 64-68 69-70 71-73 74-78 fox platform ran for 15 model years...and at the time was the best bang for the buck....
    Your right. The probe was actually supposed to be the new stang but due to a huge write-in campaign it became the probe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfpmax View Post
    And with that in mind, you can goto any car show and feel special when people pass up that shiney 09 GT Mustang to look at your "classic" Fox.
    I'd pass them up in heartbeat. They are a dime dozen and all have the same crappy plastic mods.
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow 1 View Post
    Your right. The probe was actually supposed to be the new stang but due to a huge write-in campaign it became the probe.
    Yea, making the Mustang a small fwd small engined sports car didn't pan out.... so they did it to the Capri instead.

I wonder.... assume the fwd Capri never happens, what would a fox based 1987 Mercury Capri look like?
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    Yea, making the Mustang a small fwd small engined sports car didn't pan out.... so they did it to the Capri instead.

I wonder.... assume the fwd Capri never happens, what would a fox based 1987 Mercury Capri look like?
    good question, maybe more like an aero nose.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

That's what one would presume, but for the Mustang the general shape was already there, basically if you look from the side, the profile is the same basic shape. Now, the Capri has a flat upper nose. How do you aero that? Also while not being a direct copy of the aero Mustang.

I wonder if Ford had any concepts or prototypes for an 87 Capri. I know Ford does things at least 5 years in advance, like how the 2010 Mustang was designed before the '05 came out.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

What's the plan for this Friday? I'm going to try to go, but I have to check tomorrow...I may be in Homestead with my dad for the IRL race.

Last Towershops show I was at, I was 1 of 2 foureyes. The other was an unfinished red 86 convertible that was recently repainted and had a 'for sale' sign. I didn't get to meet the guy, cause I think he cruised around the rest of the show. We need to get these FL foureyes together!
    1985 Mustang GT Convertible
    Stock and original @ 213k, except for dynomax ultraflos.

which is why I cry every time I see one of those blasted cars!

That's what one would presume, but for the Mustang the general shape was already there, basically if you look from the side, the profile is the same basic shape. Now, the Capri has a flat upper nose. How do you aero that? Also while not being a direct copy of the aero Mustang.
    Maybe more rounded corners, or maybe a design similar to the '05 stang.
    -Kal
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

FEP Super Member

At least the Probe didn't replace the Mustang back in 1990-ish. I remember all the car mags published the spy shots that said "New Mustang"... that would have been a shame.
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

It makes me mad that the CAPRI had to come to a end and return a front wheel drive ride but I also enjoy it because we are not often seen. Yesterday my mother n laws van broke down so a tow truck brought the van home. As the guy got off he was freaking out because he told me that he once owned a 85 capri rs and believe it or not he had a picture of it in his wallet. He bought it new and ordered the way he wanted. He told me that he regreted it letting go and how beautiful these cars were. The only reason he sold it was to get a guess what a 1988 PONTIAC FIREBIRD and he said that car was a joke. When he saw mine he said he hadn't seen one in years and he thought they all went to the crusher or they didn't exist anymore since he hadn't seen them in so long. He told me to keep it or if I sell it to let it go to someone who would love the car for what it is. We spent hours talking about his old CAPRI and how much he dreeded it letting it go.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast