Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTTops
    ...that's what the master parts book shows. Many of these wheels were interchangeable minus the horn pads.
    Master Parts book for what? All F/L/M models or just Capri and Mustang?

Wheels may interchange but that doesn't mean all of the wheels were available in all models.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Master Parts book for what? All F/L/M models or just Capri and Mustang?

Wheels may interchange but that doesn't mean all of the wheels were available in all models.
    Just for Capri/Mustang. That's all the numbers listed under 1984 F/J and were available to these models during the model year. The only wheel listed "differently" (Mustang only) is the SVO one. There is a separate entry with the same part number for the Capri that matches the SVO wheel. Not sure why they did that.

The way the master catalog works is interchangeable ones that apply to multiple models but weren't installed at the factory go first in the year section, then individual models follow that.

Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    Only two wheels?

My GT has the wheel below and I hate it. Wanting something a little more sporty.

I hear ya Ron. I always hated that wheel too. I wanted to put in the 3 spoke non cruise wheel, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Since the car was so stock and the cruise worked, I just left it alone.
    Matt

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed manual.

FEP Senior Member

I understand Matt and I have had mind boggling conflicts within my own head trying to decide where to go with the car.

I found a set of non-cut, non-speaker rear hatch plastic. They were not for sale. I offered $2k for them and the owner still didn't budge.

I have done so much to the suspension as it is I can't see worrying to much about it.
    Ron Gibson

'84 GT Turbo - Under construction - Build Thread - Maximum Motorsports, Cobra R, Boport, Chuck W, Stinger, Turbo_Dad MegaSquirt
    '83 Thunderbird TC - Bone Stock

Quote Originally Posted by psrumors View Post
    I understand Matt and I have had mind boggling conflicts within my own head trying to decide where to go with the car.

I found a set of non-cut, non-speaker rear hatch plastic. They were not for sale. I offered $2k for them and the owner still didn't budge.

I have done so much to the suspension as it is I can't see worrying to much about it.
    I completely understand Ron. Yes, changing the steering wheel isn't really a very big deal. Find one you like and install it.

$2,000 and the guy didn't take it? Sheesh.
    Matt

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed manual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12