Close

Thread: X cam?

Banned

Default X cam?

Anybody here running the ford motorsports X cam? Any input on it? And what are the specs on it?

I like it. Good power from idle to 6200. It's nasty sounding on cold start ups. 542 lift int/exh. It's a pretty good cam. My buddy has one in his 306 and it gets him into the 11 easy.
    C.R.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblood202 View Post
    Anybody here running the ford motorsports X cam? Any input on it? And what are the specs on it?

I had this in a 393 and it wasn't enough cam. I didn't realize how much the bigger engine will tame a fairly radical cam. I sold it and went with something else. I don't know how it is in a 302, but here are the specs.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

86 50CPRI

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post

I had this in a 393 and it wasn't enough cam. I didn't realize how much the bigger engine will tame a fairly radical cam. I sold it and went with something else. I don't know how it is in a 302, but here are the specs.

On your 393..that was for drag only, right? How would it be for a street car,DD or weekend cruiser? I'm trying to decide on a cam for a 347,twisted wedge motor; may go custom though...

ragtopjr

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 86 50CPRI View Post
    On your 393..that was for drag only, right? How would it be for a street car,DD or weekend cruiser? I'm trying to decide on a cam for a 347,twisted wedge motor; may go custom though...
    I had it in a 302 and it made decent power, great sounding idle, and had decent driveability (keep in mind I have solid motor mounts so my idea of driveability may be different then others)...

All in all I liked it, but for a 347 it will not be enough, call Jay Allen, or Ed Curtis and pay more but you will get the best results the first time!

It costs more to do things wrong 3 times then it does to do it right the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by ragtopjr View Post

All in all I liked it, but for a 347 it will not be enough, call Jay Allen, or Ed Curtis and pay more but you will get the best results the first time!

It costs more to do things wrong 3 times then it does to do it right the first time!
    I'm 100% in agreement with this. I'm putting together a 408 this winter and will go custom on the cam. I haven't decided whether to go with Jay or Ed but it will be one or the other.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.