Close

Default 1982 GLX convertible by Bivouac

Let me introduce you to the next car to come out of long term storage (since June of 94), it's a 1982 Bivouac converted GLX convertible. Loaded with every option except an automatic transmission and 100% stock except for an upgrade to a T5 transmission. Also more important it is 100% rust free. Currently wearing it's original paint (dead with no hope of buffing out), top, and interior. I'll attach some shots of the car that I took last week. Not quite sure what I am doing with it yet, most likely I'll fix the bad brakes (which is why it came off the road in 94) and do the body and paint work (stock color) for now. Down the road who know.

Any specific questions or pictures you might like to see, let me know.

Bill S
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by mrmustang; 03-15-2015 at 06:31 PM.

more shots

last one for now

Very cool car. Thanks for the pics.
    Robert

1986 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 -red
    1985 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - red
    1985 Capri 5.0L - black
    1984 ascMcLaren SC 5.0 - white
    1984 Capri GS (w/ 5.0) - white
    1983 Capri RS Crimson Cat - red
    1982 Capri RS Black Magic - white
    1982 Cougar wagon
    1982 Mustang GT - red

Tempted to put an 82 GT front bumper cover on (spare from my old red road race car), but at the same time it is so original that I hate to modify the body in any way. Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh, I hate when I have a moral dilemma like this...

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

I'd say , your car do what you want , just my .02 worth , all though an 82 gt front would look sweet on it .

Very nice! How do you know it's a Bivouac? Does it have a label somewhere? Do you have the original paperwork? Just curious. I have been researching all the coach convertibles and sometimes it's hard to know which company built it. I't like to see a photo of any badging.

By the way....a GT nose is reverseable, so do it if you want. If a future owner wants it back to original...it's an easy swap.

FEP Senior Member

freakin'sweet.call a veterinarian 'cause that puppy is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by slimwhitman View Post
    Very nice! How do you know it's a Bivouac? Does it have a label somewhere? Do you have the original paperwork? Just curious. I have been researching all the coach convertibles and sometimes it's hard to know which company built it. I't like to see a photo of any badging.

By the way....a GT nose is reverseable, so do it if you want. If a future owner wants it back to original...it's an easy swap.
    Original sales contract is in my packet of documentation along with the original sales brochure from Bivouac. Also the basic fact that McCafferty Ford (where this car was sold new) in Langhorne, PA only sold the Bivouac conversions and none of the other third party conversion companies at that time. As for the GT nose swap, I've decided against it, preferring to keep the body stock. Have started the stripping of the original paint, hoping to have the paint work done before the end of the year. Pictures along the way will be posted as time allows.

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

what a sweet ride. it seems to me more and more rare FORDS and MERCURYS are coming out the woody works now days. love it
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

Nottingham, PA now...from Perryville, MD...From Levittown, PA

ah..Mcafferty Ford, bought my 99 from them, my dad his 93 and his Ranger.
    They are still selling oddballs:
    My name is Andrew
    1986 GT Convertible- 2nd owner
    1984 SVO-Impound Yard find

I owned one just like it from 1984 - 1989. Mine had aluminum valve covers, does this one?

thanks for pictures. I have same car in blue. Amazing to see how original- I am trying to change some things on mine back to more original, but not always possible unfortunately!