Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, I can read that one. Thanks for posting it!

FEP User

My car still has the buck tag..I will see about getting the info off of it tonite
    1995 GT vert
    1985 notch
    1972 F100
    1981 Fairmont Boxtop 52k original
    2005 Dodge 2500 diesel

Default Build sheet and window sticker

These are very old, hope you can read them.

Is there a way to get the mildew stains out of the window sticker. Maybe bleach?
    Last edited by bosscar; 01-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    JK
    1983 Capri RS Turbo (since new)
    1970 Boss 302 (since 1980)
    1965 Mustang Coupe (since 1976)

I know there is a blank reproduction Windows Sticker made for Ford but what about Mercury/Lincoln?

FEP member 93Cobra#2771 does repro Window Stickers for later models, not sure how far back he goes, I think 1987. Maybe he can handle a repro for you.

The window sticker got mildew stains on it back before I even bought the car. The carpet got wet when it was setting on the dealers lot back in 83 and they didn't get around to drying it out for a couple of weeks. When I decided to buy it, I'm the one who actually took out the seats and the carpet and dried it out, by then the window sticker had developed the stains you see here. Its been in a folder ever since. 2010-1983= 27 years! Wow, its been a long time.
    JK
    1983 Capri RS Turbo (since new)
    1970 Boss 302 (since 1980)
    1965 Mustang Coupe (since 1976)

Jim Osborn Reproductions (osborn-reproduction.com) has a 1983 Ford Window Sticker for $4. His part number is DF0890 and the original manufacturer part number is B & A 419FD. Yours is B & A 419MER.

You maybe could get somebody (93Cobra#2771?) to recreate that repro but with a Mercury/Lincoln watermark where the Ford matermark is, then reprint everything that's on yours.

Osborn does have a Mercury window sticker but it's for the '80 model year and the original manufacturer part number is AAD-419-MER.

Hi, I posted on another thread and Chris(ccurtin) suggested I come over here and give you the info on my new (to me) Capri RS Turbo. I just bought it and I haven't gone to pick it up yet so my info is very limited at this time. I do have a picture of the door tag however.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    85 SVO T-boned
    86 SVO parts car/junk
    88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe DD

Yes. I went looking for a bubble hatch and found a whole car. I've only seen one RS Turbo personally in my life. I couldn't resist, I had to have it. It appears to be untouched by hot rod hands. That will change, but everything I do will be easily reversible. I already have three other 2.3l turbo cars. Well, two that move under their own power. The third is for mockups and parts. I'm sure you know how that goes. Anyway, once I take possession I'll get you the rest of the info for your database.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    85 SVO T-boned
    86 SVO parts car/junk

Default More info

I just got home with the car. Here is the buck tag and engine decal. I haven't found the build sheet. Where is it usually found on these? The number under the screw is a 5. So it would read 0025.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    85 SVO T-boned
    86 SVO parts car/junk

Thanks for the follow up and for posting the tag and decal.

Build Sheets can really be anywhere, or nowhere. The most common places are behind the interior quarter panels and under the front carpet. Some have been found under the rear seat, in the spare tire well, under the rear carpet, under the front seats, behind the dash, anywhere really.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123