Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

as for the build sheet had the seats and carpet out and had no luck. and it looks like I posted in the wrong post sorry fox
    Last edited by 83rsturbo; 09-13-2009 at 06:24 PM.
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1986 Bronco 351ho
    VP Berks County Mustang Car Club
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462250

ill have to get all the info on our 84 RS Turbo. My dad bought it new in 84 then sold it years later. and then we bought it back and restored it a few years back. so we have all the original paperwork and we found the paperwork underneath the carpet. ill see what i can get. we put ours back all factory correct.
    1998 SVT Contour Daily Driver- K1 Racing Wheels CAI
    1985 Mustang GT T-top Black
    Freshened/Blueprinted 302-Heavily Worked GT40 Heads SS valves and Heavy Duty springs-1.6r Crane Cams RR-Custom Grind Comp Cam-Wieand Intake-Edelbrock Carb-MSD-King Cobra Clutch-World Class T5-Cobra 4whl Disc-31spl 4:10 rear-Longtubes-Strange 10Ways-Mac Exhaust with 3" Rolled tips-
    1984 RS Turbo Capri 100% Show car
    1982 Mustang GT

Added my buck tag to my album.

Bill
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Default Slapper bars vs Quads

Guys I have an 83 purchased from a member here that has a quad setup underneath. I noticed it when I was getting the pics for Fox today. car had a build date of 8/83. It seems that it was optional in 84 but what about the 83's? Anybody have any ideas?
    Chris

The only '83 model that got the Quadra-Shock Rear Suspension was the Turbocoupe. The Capri and Mustang didn't that suspension system until about three months after the '84 model year started production.

I've got an 83 Turbo GT with slapper bars, so I can confirm that they came that way (tags on diff "seem" original for the car)

(confused me, as my 83GT 5.0 has neither slapper bars nor quad shocks... prior owner had swapped in a quad-shock 8.8, without connecting anything else)

Hi - I am not very car literate - I just know I love my car. I have an 84 Mercury Capri Turbo RS 2.3 - I was asked to give someone all the numbers located on my car - even a number that is located somewhere near the radiotor? I felt uncomfortable doing so but I notice lots of you posting your car numbers in here. Is it possible for someone to use the numbers off my car for something illegal. My friend's car broken into and they stole the registration when she went to renew her tags she was informed the car was no longer in her name. It took her a long time to get the paper work and everything straightened out. In another posting on this site because I would not give out the numbers off my car - it is implied that my car is not an could put together a car like mine and could etch those numbers into metal and now say that car is theirs and mine is a fake - is that possible??? Thank you for any help with this. Melody - who loves her car!

On page one of this thread - the orange car the big pic with the guy driving it - those are the original type of wheels that came with the 84 Mercury Capri Turbo RS 2.3 Charcoal Gray - my car still has those wheels on it!

Melody,

Nice to see that you appreciate a 25 year old car like all of us here!

Anyone can copy a vin - but they will have a hard time proving that it is the real car. If you compare your original car to one that is "faked", it will be fairly easy to determine which one is the real one.

FoxChassis is a very reputable player in the foxbody Mustang world. If you feel that revealing your vin will result in trouble, I suggest you contact him and describe your concerns - he should be able answer all your questions/concerns properly.

The best part about a registry for these cars is that there will be record - I would think this would help you in the future if someone is trying to "fake" your car.

The more info known/identified about these cars, the better the facts will be relating to real production figures of these cars. It's just a puzzle that this Mustang crowd loves to figure out.
    2007 SL55 - Capri Blue - Leather, 487/560 WHP/WTQ at 13.5PSI

Melody, if you are worried, just give Foxchassis the information. He will keep it confidential. He is the person working on this information.

Thank you for wanting to help out!

-Mike

Melody (Iwillmissmycar) gave me the VIN today of her Turbo RS and she is working on getting the VC Label and Buck Tag info for me. I have added it to the list (14 so far). I have three other on the list but no VINs to go with them (84rsturbo, iowaguy, marting0660).

Melody's Turbo RS is one of the early ones that I have info on, and the only one so far that has the 'standard' seats before the "Articulated Sport" seats (like the '85/'86 model years) came out. The others either have the "Sport Performance" seats (like in the '83 model year) or the type of seat is unknown -- only the color.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-01-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12