Close

Default Wiring under dash

ok so i am converting my 86 capri to a 93 wiring harness computer and mass air and i ran into a problem the wiring harness is all pretty much the same except my 93 harness has a green plug with 6-8 wires and the 86 harness doesnt.

second i have about 3-4 wires that connect to the 86 wiring harness that run in where the computer goes then runs all the way across the dash to driver side into a clump of wires that split to the fuse box and chassis

any help in this would be great

has anyone put newer harness and ecu in 86 capri
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

well i just wanna say thanks after a couple hours of browsing the knowledge on these forums i found alot of useful info and have pretty much all the info i will need to do the swap. Gonna take a little break from it though as i am aggravated and that is not a good time for me to work on things

also i will be selling the complete AC/ Heating system so if anyone is interested let me know it was working about 2 weeks ago before i started stripping the wiring harness, motor, and dash
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

I found a Relay under the dash that is not plugged in and its bigger than most of my relays
    e5zb-6c625-aa is the number on it i also cant find a plug to go with it anyone have any idea what it is
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by outlawedcapri View Post
    I found a Relay under the dash that is not plugged in and its bigger than most of my relays
    e5zb-6c625-aa is the number on it i also cant find a plug to go with it anyone have any idea what it is
    Where was it mounted? Can you post a pic?
    1985 Mercury Capri GS - 5.0, 5-Speed, Ported E7s, FMS F303, TFS Valve Springs, Summit Stage 2 Intake, Holley Street Avenger 570, BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R H-Pipe, Flowmasters, Dumps, FRPP HD Clutch, Pro 5.0, Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms, and tons of satisfaction when I can say, "I just beat you with a Mercury!"

1983 Mercury Capri RS Crimson Cat - 5.0, 4-Speed, T-roof.

This thread should have the complete '86 harness mapped out. You'll have to read the entire thread because I made some goofs which I corrected later in the thread.

86 EFI computer harness, power??

Dean T
    Proud owner of the one and only Friggin' Futura

it was mounted under the dash on one of the steering column supports to the right of the column

thanks deant
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

hmm i need to know what that Unknown underdash red - tan/gr - big yellow is? thats the only 3 wires i dont have connected on my new harness i have already spliced in the green one as the ford man says
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

My 3 Wire unknow dash connection goes over top of dash to the ecc harness the big yellow wire wire runs to the solenoid on the same post the + cable is on and one of the other wires dont remember which runs to the lil obd1 test connector and cant remember where the other wire goes
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT

so i looked at this link and i was wondering if i hook my 93 harness green and brown connectors up the way this shows will that be safe? as in would that be right and not fry my Computer?
    http://fordfuelinjection.com/files/M-12071-C302.pdf
    Here and Now
    1986 Mercury Capri

Gone but not forgotten
    1992 Mustang GT
    1992 Mustang LX Vert 5.0
    1990 Mustang GT