Close

Thread: "New" 10 holes

FEP Senior Member silver85horse's Avatar

Default "New" 10 holes

Just picked up some good condition 10 holes for my '85 GT, makes it look a little more factory correct. Enjoy!

FEP Super Member

I love the 10 hole look on the 85/6's. I think next year I'll get some new tires for mine and throw them back on for a while.
    Former Foxes:
    1983 Fairmont Futura 4dr
    1986 Mustang LX 2.3 4 speed
    1985 Mustang GT
    1985 GT - 357w, T5, 8.8 w/ 4.10's.
    Best ET 13.5639, Best Mph 102.39
    1988 LX 5.0 AOD notch, bone stock no options except A/C
    1980 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, 50k mile survivor.
    1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe....ratty but fun.
    1992 Mustang GT convertible 85k from original owner

Yup, Ford made the right decision with those wheels, that's for sure. But Pony's look pretty snazzy, too.

Looks good. I love the looks of 10 holes! My 89 is still sporting them.
    ** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint

my favorite factory wheel. looks great
    79 Capri RS
    341 rwhp,348 rwtq 11.20@127

1939 Pontiac Deluxe 6. 73,xxx original miles. Barn find. Currently the secomd owner.

2013 Focus ST
    2012 Taurus SEL
    1997 F350

FEP Senior Member

They look really nice on there! What is the deal with the chrome around the side windows, I thought only the LX's had that? Is that something for Canada or something? Nice car!

FEP Super Member tan84mustanggt's Avatar

Looks good! Those rims do look perfect on 85-86s. So what's the story on the car? Is it originally a Canadian car?
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback
    84 Tan 5.0 GT convertible
    84 GT350 2.3T convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy86coupe View Post
    They look really nice on there! What is the deal with the chrome around the side windows, I thought only the LX's had that? Is that something for Canada or something? Nice car!
    Thanks. As for the chrome trim, I'm not too sure what the deal is with those, the car had them on when I bought it. I would like to go black with it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by tan84mustanggt View Post
    Looks good! Those rims do look perfect on 85-86s. So what's the story on the car? Is it originally a Canadian car?
    Yup the car is Canadian. Sold through the Pacific Ford sales DSO. It has never been more than 30 km from my home town, as the original owner lives in Sicamous (~30 km's away) and the 2nd owner not even 20 km's away. Isn't it true that Canadian GT's wore the "COBRA" writing on the rear spoiler? Anyways, the 2nd owner was a kid (like me), except he was one of those 'lets-hack-the-rear-interior-quarters-for-bigger-speakers' kind of kids. Needless to say, he pretty much bastardized the car. But that's what I'm here for, to return her to what she was like in her glory days. Except I'm leaning more towards Medium Charcoal metallic in the re-painting process... Silver Metallic is a little too light for me

Quote Originally Posted by silver85horse View Post
    Thanks. As for the chrome trim, I'm not too sure what the deal is with those, the car had them on when I bought it. I would like to go black with it, though!

Yup the car is Canadian. Sold through the Pacific Ford sales DSO. It has never been more than 30 km from my home town, as the original owner lives in Sicamous (~30 km's away) and the 2nd owner not even 20 km's away. Isn't it true that Canadian GT's wore the "COBRA" writing on the rear spoiler? Anyways, the 2nd owner was a kid (like me), except he was one of those 'lets-hack-the-rear-interior-quarters-for-bigger-speakers' kind of kids. Needless to say, he pretty much bastardized the car. But that's what I'm here for, to return her to what she was like in her glory days. Except I'm leaning more towards Medium Charcoal metallic in the re-painting process... Silver Metallic is a little too light for me
    Cool! I was wondering if it was since I saw in your album that the speedo was kph. But, I also saw that there was no Cobra emblem, like you said. Is it original paint? I ask since the Cobra emblem is gone and there is no hood black out, just curious. It's a sweet car. I like the silver the way it is. Good to see it's in the hands of someone wanting to return it to glory.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by tan84mustanggt View Post
    Cool! I was wondering if it was since I saw in your album that the speedo was kph. But, I also saw that there was no Cobra emblem, like you said. Is it original paint? I ask since the Cobra emblem is gone and there is no hood black out, just curious. It's a sweet car. I like the silver the way it is. Good to see it's in the hands of someone wanting to return it to glory.
    It is the original color, but it's been re-sprayed before. I'm really missing the Cobra emblem, and hood blackout, but they'll be back on there in no time... I'm hoping.

I'm pretty excited about getting some real work done to this car. I'd like to stick with original interior/exterior (with a few minor adjustments) and a slightly amped up drivetrain. We'll have to see though. I'm excited because I think I found a decent shape Premium Sound radio today, so we'll see how that turns out

Quote Originally Posted by silver85horse View Post
    It is the original color, but it's been re-sprayed before. I'm really missing the Cobra emblem, and hood blackout, but they'll be back on there in no time... I'm hoping.

I'm pretty excited about getting some real work done to this car. I'd like to stick with original interior/exterior (with a few minor adjustments) and a slightly amped up drivetrain. We'll have to see though. I'm excited because I think I found a decent shape Premium Sound radio today, so we'll see how that turns out
    Sounds like a good plan. That's exactly what I did with my tan hatch and I love the results. I'm a big fan of stock appearance and not so stock performance. Anyway, cool car. Post pics of the progress.
    84 Tan 5.0 GT hatchback

Looks great... nothing wrong with 10 holes.