Close

View Poll Results: Who is going to have the "COOLER" car.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team "Connections"

21 58.33%
  • Team "Cash"

1 2.78%
  • This poll is rigged because we are all 4 eyed freaks

14 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default new PA Racing K-member

The new PA Racing K-member showed up today for Team Connections Vert.

I ordered it without paint because it will be the same color as the car.

I had them weld in spring perches as I don't like the coil over conversion on a street car like this. The spring flops around and its too noisy.

Default more sanding

I got almost all of the major DA work done on the vert today. Now I have to remove the bumper covers, molding and trim and spray the epoxy and then start blocking it out.
    Sorry for the pic quality it was kinda dark

Keep up the cool work and the pics too
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

This sounds like tons of fun... GREAT idea!!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Good luck man, we'll be rooting for ya!
    -Kal
    "One man can make a difference." -Wilton Knight
    84 Mustang T-Top
    THE WRAITH

Women are like cars, sometimes you find one you fall in love with, and sometimes you end up with a lemon.

Default Team Cash

Well folks I finally have an update on Team Cash's coupe. These guys busted their butts today and got a whole lot done. I did see a Harwood box in the bed of one of the team members trucks and will try to get some spy photos of whats inside tomorrow. For now here is a sample of where they are at.

The coupe is in epoxy

Last edited by ThunderRd.; 08-18-2009 at 12:54 AM.

FEP Senior Member

I was curious how many people had done that with tubular K-member! I had a friend that had a 99 GT and he had the coil-overs on the street and they were very noisy. I like the idea of the k-member and I am interested to see how it works with the normal springs on the street. Good luck and it is looking good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy86coupe View Post
    I was curious how many people had done that with tubular K-member! I had a friend that had a 99 GT and he had the coil-overs on the street and they were very noisy. I like the idea of the k-member and I am interested to see how it works with the normal springs on the street. Good luck and it is looking good so far!
    I had the same set up on a 2000 gt I built with a brand x motor in it. (had the motor and a car that had no motor) I loved running lowering springs and stock a-arms. The whole reason I went this route is because of the noise of coil overs and I don't like the fact that you have to use suspension limiters or the spring flops around when you launch.

connectedtocash

Default Calling it like it is

Sorry to be so late in responding to the thread. Team cash has been busy working to make money without much downtime for talking trash on the internet. We will be the first to say that the four eye is a cool car and have owned a few as well. Why a bowtie on the coupe? Why not? Go fast or go home.....we are all being good sportsmen about. Just last week we asked Doug for his input on the motor for our car. "Doug, what would you like to see us put in the Coupe? You want us to use a big block, LS1 or small block? Just give us your opinion on what you want to get drug down the track with at the end of the build".

You Just stirred up a BIG OL' POT OF BEANS my friend with that brand X stuff in FORDS. GOING FOR COVER.
    "Never Trust a Bunny!"

The Great Sir Twitch

MERCURYS is what I'm bout. MERCURY CrAzY

Quote Originally Posted by connectedtocash View Post
    Sorry to be so late in responding to the thread. Team cash has been busy working to make money without much downtime for talking trash on the internet. We will be the first to say that the four eye is a cool car and have owned a few as well. Why a bowtie on the coupe? Why not? Go fast or go home.....we are all being good sportsmen about. Just last week we asked Doug for his input on the motor for our car. "Doug, what would you like to see us put in the Coupe? You want us to use a big block, LS1 or small block? Just give us your opinion on what you want to get drug down the track with at the end of the build".
    If you really want to catch my eye, twin turbo BBF . A healthy SBF will also be worthy of respect of course, but chebbies..... belong in chebbies. Not Fords, Datsuns, Pontiacs, etc......

Just my personal preference, I just get disgusted that you have to get some Ford t-bucket and put a Ford engine in it to be different.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

I don't have anything nice to say about a SBC in Mustang. Sorry.

X2
    Mike

1986 ASCMclaren #108
    stock short block, Victor EFI, 75mm TB, 3.08's, Borla cat-back, slot style MAF conversion, Gt-40p heads, TFS1 cam, 80lb injectors, 69mm turbo, Moates Quaterhorse, E85. 501/584 @ the rear wheels

Quote Originally Posted by connectedtocash View Post
    You guys could put one of Cory Wheat's 732's with 4 kits on it and it still won't be as cool as Team Connections convertible four eyed freak is going to be...

You guys forget how long I have been dickin with these mustangs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12