Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by BM62391 View Post
    keep an eye on it, maybe hell budge one day
    People like that don't budge until the city becomes involved.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Unhappy

Odds are it is rusted out underneath. This is a real bummer. I hate to see any car end up like this one. At least you tried to save her.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

At least its parked on pavement. Ten years from now, that guys son will probably GIVE it to you.

In my humble opinion, you're approaching this ol' guy all wrong. Cash does talk, but hoarders are deaf... they only deal in what they can see, touch and feel. It's true hoarders won't sell unless their livelyhood and property is risked... however rather than attack his strength and resolve to not sell, fuel his desire and drive to collect, offer him a trade!! In the most rudamentary math, offer him two or three heaps for his one! A hoarder, like a pack rat will usually give up one "shiny thing" if they get two or three "shiny things" in return. Probably won't get you on the family christmas card list, but it will most likely get that capri out of his clutches. Didn't anyone wonder how or why he had so many white panel vans? he probably traded for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanPon
    many thanks to all you eco-hippies giving me dirty looks and helping me feel llike an overall badass rebel.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaceFever79
    I think one of the finer traits of a true car guy, is the patience to put a prized car away and just let it sit for a while rather than selling it when life gets in the way.

what i would do is complain to the city about the eye sore that it is, when the city fines him then make another offer to him then tell him that when your done restoring it you will take him and his son for a ride in it
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567