Close

Default Changing plug wires

Is the 1980 Cobra turbo 2.3L firing order 1 - 3 - 4 - 2? I'm replacing the wires and I want to make sure I have it right.

That's the way it was wired, but on my 83 GT the PO had two wires switched, so I'm a bit nervous. Course, that was a 302....
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

If you're not sure of firing order, simple rule is to change one wire at a time as long as it already works.
    But anyway, yes, firing order for 2.3l is 1-3-4-2.
    '79 Pace Car 5.0 (well 4.2 until better days)
    '80 Capri 2.3 (sold ) - '79 Hatchback 2.3 (sold ) - '80 Notchback 3.3 (junk yard )

Yes, I did change them one at a time. I just wanted to make sure, as the last time I did that, PO had it WRONG and I never checked.

Thanks much!
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.