Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Advertise it better, sell it to an enthusiast who will fix it up

15 45.45%
  • Take off the SVO bits, sell them so that other s may live

13 39.39%
  • Drop in a 302 drivetrain and make it drivable to sell it easier

5 15.15%
  • Just leave it. But it will probably be bought to thrash via 302 conversion anyways.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Zap's 85 GT View Post
    I went down and put a deposit on it today. Its in better shape than I had hoped. Very rust free. It has all the thin strips and only the drivers side spat. But at least it has one. Still has the Marchals too.

The story goes that the car sat from a blown motor. Relative had a 91 LX 5.0 that he crashed. Bought the SVO and swapped in all the 5.0 drivetrain, interior and had it repainted. He (recently) wanted to buy a turbocarged 98 Cobra and he sold off the 5.0 drivetrain to pay for the 98. Now the SVO has been sitting for about a year now as a shell. Was traded down to the present owner(who took some more parts off it). Now I'll be buying it.

I'll probably pull the interior and and sell it separately. The headlights are going on my SVO and I'll put mine onto it so its still as complete as can be. The car as a great bare SVO shell. Has a good title. Underneath looks good. Doors are so nice I wonder if they are from the 91 LX. Didn't remember to look under the hatch lip. Paint is better than my car's. Black interior is ok. Door panels are iffy. I think the guy I'm getting them off of pulled the good ones off the SVO to install onto his car, and just threw his iffy ones into the hatch of the SVO rather than reinstall them. Console looks pretty good. Carpet looks brand new. Struts are shot but they are still the Koni's. I have some spare fronts that still work but leak a little. I'll probably throw them in with who ever buys it. I'll be getting the other two original SVO wheels when I pick it up.

In the end it will certainly be a great SVO for someone to use. I'll keep you posted.
    im sorry why are you buying it again? to sell to someone else?why bother. if your just buying it to profit thats sad that you would care about whats on it except for the fact its not as collectable. good luck selling the 87-93 stuff. you probably think the 87 stuff is worth money too,lol.
    i dont even know you and i dont like like you. you remind me of scum who buy cars that run and part them out.lol ....
    86 w/87 motor,full cage, gutted interior,5 lug, H&R front springs, SVO A arms, jeggster subframe connectors, driveshaft loop, 2007 mustang bullitts, 25th anniversary dash, 87+ qrtrs....
    96 honda civic 4 door
    01 suzuki sv650s v twin crotchrocket

Quote Originally Posted by 86GT5spdEVERETT View Post
    svo doesnt have to be 100% stock, its called modified mustangs..... i geuss ive always changed things to suite my needs better so i would never want a 100% legit svo. i dont collect cars, i drive em hard and have fun and fix them when they break.
    who care what motor is in it or if its got a 87 dash. i think it looks good and its probably in there because the svo dash whent to crap.if its a svo it will handle good no matter what motor is in it. \

.i drive a mustang because its fun, i dont care for some 86 stuff nor do i like speed density or sail panels or lx spoilers so ive changed things.

its about fun not collecting or saving cars or right or wrong
    X2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    was in 3rd gear, right foot to the floor and Cones where flying!

1)who cares if you don't like my functional illiterate

2)if i write like a 2nd grader, isn't that still better than texting?

3)yes ,i'm a French-fry short of a happy meal.

4)Statistically speaking, six out of seven dwarfs aren't Happy

omg slap yourself if you havent bought that car yet!! and svo doesnt have to be 100% stock, its called modified mustangs..... i geuss ive always changed things to suite my needs better so i would never want a 100% legit svo. i dont collect cars, i drive em hard and have fun and fix them when they break.
    that car is in better shape bodywise than mine. and how do you even know its a svo. alot of people take svo stuff and swap it on other stangs.
    who care what motor is in it or if its got a 87 dash. i think it looks good and its probably in there because the svo dash whent to crap.if its a svo it will handle good no matter what motor is in it. personally i would do something crazy like put a 460 in it.step outside the box of consumer sheep.i drive a mustang because its fun, i dont care for some 86 stuff nor do i like speed density or sail panels or lx spoilers so ive changed things. if geo metros drove like mustangs i would drive those. its about fun not collecting or saving cars or right or wrong
    My head hurts...
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP Senior Member

So if I read all the posts correctly and correct me if I'm wrong here. He was on the fence about buying, then went and looked at it and put a deposit on it. SO that means he's gunna buy it. So this particular SVO is safe from some idiot who would buy it and drop a 350 in and turn it into a crap car. So score on the save!!!

Heck I would do the same thing if I bought a Mustang that had the wrong interior in it. Things are tough right now, who isn't for making a few bucks off parts that you don't need/want or can use??
    1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser

I wanted the car originally for the set of headlights has on it. My buddy that was going to go in with me on the deal has other things going on so I'll be buying it all myself. I just need some time with it once I get it home. I'll take off all the non SVO parts and sell it once things settle down here at home. Will be a great starting point for someone to utilize. Once someone gets it, they can start installing their donor components right on and have a pretty good looker. Don't know what I'm going to do about the dash/steering column though. Still want it to be steerable. I may have a source for a good column and wheel that can be temp installed.
    Last edited by Zap's 85 GT; 08-03-2009 at 08:30 PM.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

FEP Super Member

Mike, you have PM. Sounds like a good save on your part....thanks for keeping another one from dying.
    " If you're not living life on the edge, that means you're taking up too much room."
    1979 Mustang Indy Pace 2.3T/4spd (sold on 1/10/16)
    1983 GLX vert 3.8/auto (triple black, sold on 10/8/13)
    1984 (early) Turbo GT (parts SLOWLY coming together)
    1985 Coupe 4.6L DOHC/IRS swapped (sold 9/10/17)
    1986 GT TTop 5spd (sold as of 10/8/13)
    1988 Thunderbird TurboCoupe (Cobra IRS/Brakes/big turbo project)

Here is what it looked like back in July 2003 along with the EBay text. It was a complete car with 144,000 miles. Looked pretty nice back then:

Car listed on ebay by dOctOrj4y, laura1014karate was the high bidder at 2700.00 and reserve was met. Here is the ad: The body is in excellent shape. There is a small dent on the rear driverside quarterpanel. Paint condition is pretty good, given the years on the car. The whole car has been painted black (doing away with the stock SVO gray trim on the car). There is minor paint peel on the front bumber and a small amount on the rear bumber, and a few spots elsewhere (nothing to cry for, as you see in the pictures). The interior is in great shape. New carpet has been installed as of the end of 2002, ealry 2003. New floor mats also installed. All interior trim is in great shape except for the inside driver rear panel (all it needs is a few coats of spray paint from 50resto). The center armrest needs to be re-bolted down, but is in great shape. The map light does not work. The engine ran great, very strong. There seems to be a blown head gasket, and possibly a bent rod. Other than that, everything is near new, parts have been replaced to newer better ones (for a list e-mail me at stizzynutz@yahoo.com). Turbo always ran strong, and intercooler was very functional. Two flomasters were installed in March of 2003. All in all, the car has been in great hands, but finances force the sale.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Hmm. The first time I saw the car in person was in the fall of 2005. It already had the 302 and newer interior in it. I never saw it with the SVO wheels on it as it had a full set of 98 Cobras on it. Such a shame. Looks like it was missing the passengers spat back then. But I'm hopeful it will take shape again one day.
    Last edited by Zap's 85 GT; 08-04-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Congrats and good luck.
    1990 SuperCoupe 300hp
    19841/2 1E Mustang GT con&%@$able (bone stock)
    1958 Chrysler "Hemi" 2 door hard top w/ 392 Hemi 10:1, 2x4 crossram intake, '55 ported/polished heads; I 2.00/E 1.75 (restoration project)
    1931 Model A 5 window coupe ("Hemi" hotrod project)
    8 3/4 rearend.

im sorry why are you buying it again? to sell to someone else?why bother. if your just buying it to profit thats sad that you would care about whats on it except for the fact its not as collectable. good luck selling the 87-93 stuff. you probably think the 87 stuff is worth money too,lol.
    i dont even know you and i dont like like you. you remind me of scum who buy cars that run and part them out.lol ....
    who gives a **** if he's going to make money on the car, people do it all the time. why is it sad? you never bought something at a good price to re sell? i know i have and it helps pay for my stuff.
    '66 mustang coupe- 89 302ho T-5Z 3.80's

Quote Originally Posted by superhighoutput View Post
    well if they start sending me checks again,FREE DASH PADS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Ken P; 08-05-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback

Stick a 302 and a T5 in it, put the rest of the '98 Cobra wheels on, install the SVO bi-wing on top of the Saleen wing, install the Aero mirrors and dew wipe/trim, clean it up and drive it. I think it'd be a cheap investment and would return more money to you. If someone down the road decides they'd like to return it to a stock SVO, then that is their perogative. It's your car (if you buy it), do what you want with it.
    SS
    1986 GT T-Top 5.0, waiting on trans and IRS swap.
    1988 GT Ragtop, 5.0, T5, 3.73, 03 Cobras with Nittos
    1989 LX Ragtop, 5.0, AOD, shift kit, Pony wheels, baby cam, X pipe and Flowbasterds.
    1984 SVO needs TLC

I would restore it or atleast partially. Return the dash and seats, center console. Steeringi wheel and maybe keep some aero stuff depending on what cont be found. Atleast till everything is found. Screw the 302, get a souped up 2.3t. I'm not a big fan of aero parts even the SVO's nose but atleast keep it somewhat original.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123