Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killingcivics View Post
    That was a vr. Kind of miss it was so perfect.
    Going to start this weekend wrenching on the 95 parts car. Plan is to take off what I can and see what else I can use.
    Thinking Alternator/Underhood Fusebox Wiring/Rad Fans. Then axles, control arms, brakes, steering rack etc. Plan on taking out what I can interior wise and use like the power drivers seat after that I really don't think there is anything usefull left.

Spotted a Mark 7 being parted out and I may stop in to see if the wheels are for sale. I have a set of HPP wheels from my Crown Vic and maybe I could make a set that would work on my car.
    Just an FYI if you aren't aware of it. The SN95 rack will work in the Fox, but will require a custom steering shaft such as this :http://www.maximummotorsports.com/St...tang-P461.aspx

Good Luck!

Trey
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Just an FYI if you aren't aware of it. The SN95 rack will work in the Fox, but will require a custom steering shaft such as this :http://www.maximummotorsports.com/St...tang-P461.aspx

Good Luck!

Trey
    That was exactly my plan. Eliminate the rag joint at the same time. Never trusted it what so ever. Thanks for the link!
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

FEP Senior Member

Not much to update car will be going into storage soon. Have the parts car after waiting 3 months for it. Currently dismantling it and stripping off what I need and selling off what I don't need.

So far sold the trunk, side-skirts, tail-lights, cluster, and a bunch of trims. Car is incredibly rotten: Floors, wheel-wells, quarters. Honestly surprised it was on the road before.

Going to keep Alternator, brakes, Axles, rad fans and probaly the underhood fusebox to wire up all my new accessories. Alternator looks brand new which is a bonus.

Anyone need some scrap sn95 Parts? haha

FEP Senior Member

Well this has building up for the couple months but mustang is going into my garage this week.
    I bought the car in 2009. Drove it the summer blew up the engine and had a "friend" rebuild it. It was never right so since then I just puttered around.

This winter it is getting blown apart.

1) 5 lug conversion (have an sn95 94 parts car and new edge parts car)
    2) Bodywork! Probably not paint until spring but I recently bought doors, 1980 cobra front end and fenders to start replacing all of the dented rusted panels.

And hopefully a new engine. Nothing crazy but my current engine has been having some kind of valvetrain noise for 2 years.

Brakes I am ok with doing seeing I have been researching everything for at least 5 years just never had the time/space or money to do it right.

The body is a first, the worst panels arent that bad but for tbe price I paid it was easier to buy the 1980 cobra stuff and resell the leftovers. Really debating selling the front bumper and hood because I really like my hood but my bumper is trash.

The engine is the odd duck. It makes great power but makes a racket when it is warm. I have had a gt40 motor sitting in my now exes mother's garage for 4 years. Low miles but not sure how it has faired. Worst comes to worse I snatch heads and upgrades the valvesprings.
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 12-29-2018 at 09:38 AM.

FEP Senior Member

Some recent pics from this summer

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

1980 Cobra parts I picked up.

WOW Big Update after being away for awhile!

Glad to see you still have the Mustang and get to enjoy it some. Looks good and I lover your rear wing!

Good Luck with the modifications and repairs over the winter.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Killingcivics View Post
    That was a vr. Kind of miss it was so perfect.
    Going to start this weekend wrenching on the 95 parts car. Plan is to take off what I can and see what else I can use.
    Thinking Alternator/Underhood Fusebox Wiring/Rad Fans. Then axles, control arms, brakes, steering rack etc. Plan on taking out what I can interior wise and use like the power drivers seat after that I really don't think there is anything usefull left.

Spotted a Mark 7 being parted out and I may stop in to see if the wheels are for sale. I have a set of HPP wheels from my Crown Vic and maybe I could make a set that would work on my car.
    The underhood fuse box is a great upgrade. I am doing that on my 85. I am tucking the wires and adding relays for the headlights. Maybe one day I will get done.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

FEP Senior Member

WOW Big Update after being away for awhile!

Glad to see you still have the Mustang and get to enjoy it some. Looks good and I lover your rear wing!

Good Luck with the modifications and repairs over the winter.
    It's been a long road. The car is family, I've owned it through thick and very thin times. I would love to find a roof skin but everything is tweaked or rotten by the time it hits the boneyard.

I lucked out by finding a garage with my good buddy (he loves his ratrods chevy and tetanus heavy) and my friend with the 80 capri. Just thinking about it melts the winter blues away!

FEP Senior Member

Good to see your still working on the car. Us Canadian owners have more winter and in turn, more rust.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Patrick

FEP Senior Member

Garage is coming along! My buddy's Capri snuck in early but this week mine should be in as well

FEP Senior Member

Well life has been weird, I have owned the car 11 years but maybe drove it 500kms in the last couple years. It runs terrible, the paint is disgusting and it needs the work.

I bought an 81 capri/Mustang missmash at the beginning of covid. The car looks decent but needs love so I traded it and a chunk of change to do something I almost never do.

I'm painting my car! I sent it away, my painter is busy but he wants to restore the Capri as a Capri.

My car is going to be receiving a new roof skin (no sunroof this time) New doors, fenders and front bumper. All oem stuff I accumulated.

I'm a bit freaked out, but there is no way I will ever sell it. So it is time. When it comes back I will have to figure out what I want in it.

No more dents, no rotted sunroof, chipping paint.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

This is the Capri mismash

Don't get me wrong . . . I LOVE my Capri's!!!

But I do have to admit that the Capri squared off fenders with the 79 PC/80-81 Cobra/82 GT front nose is a BAD A## looking Fox. I know it's sacrilege, and against the tenets here at FEP and I don't disagree, but it is a SWEET looking combo. That was my original idea for a NASA American Iron race car WAY BACK when NASA first started. Unfortunately it never saw the track, life, wife, and kids ate up the play money. OH Well! Good Luck with your projects!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

FEP Senior Member

Don't get me wrong . . . I LOVE my Capri's!!!

But I do have to admit that the Capri squared off fenders with the 79 PC/80-81 Cobra/82 GT front nose is a BAD A## looking Fox. I know it's sacrilege, and against the tenets here at FEP and I don't disagree, but it is a SWEET looking combo. That was my original idea for a NASA American Iron race car WAY BACK when NASA first started. Unfortunately it never saw the track, life, wife, and kids ate up the play money. OH Well! Good Luck with your projects!

Only one project that way I will get it done. Well that and my p71 with marauder flavors.

FEP Senior Member

Said derelict p71, keeps me busy since I can't fiddle with the Mustang.

It's had a hard life, ex police car, theft recovery, accidents.

Marauder front seats, lincoln town car back seats, Mustang 18s, lowered, 2.5" custom exhaust with the Magnaflows, Mercury front clip, marauder spoiler, headlights and corners. J-mod, 4:10s

A hell of a lot of fun.

FEP Senior Member

Big update. Honestly blown away. It is a work in progress but it is being brought back.

I think I got it right at the point of no return. At least for me.

FEP Senior Member

Serious question

The steeda wing or three piece?

I like both wings, but I think the choice depends on what year model and if you have an aero packag/ground effects. The 3 piece looks best on the early cars with the more squared off styling and generally no aero package other than the front air dam on the PC/Cobra. The Steeda rear spoiler looks better on the 85/86 cars and any Four Eyes with a Saleen package or other aftermarket aero package IMHO.

Same issue I have with my 79 PC. I have the Wings West 93 Cobra side skirts and rear valance and the 3 piece rear spoiler just doesn't look right IMHO. I don't really want to go with a Saleen rear wing, but I might consider going with one of the taller aftermarket 3 piece (Maier Racing/others) Good Luck!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

My vote is for the 3 piece.
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

3 piece.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

3 piece for me too.
    Great to look over the progress, looks like you have some work ahead of you. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    '86 Capri 5.0, black with charcoal interior, 5 spd, fully restored, mildly modded.

'86 Capri 5.0, white with black interior, C4, rotisserie restored, heavily modded.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by capri debris View Post
    3 piece for me too.
    Great to look over the progress, looks like you have some work ahead of you. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    I'm lucky enough to have found a great body guy. His work is off the charts. When it comes back the mechanical side starts.

Currently waiting on my truck coming back since my crown vic won't fit the hatch. My spare hatch is off a pace car and even has the original louvers but I will probably sell them off and seal the holes now.
    Last edited by Killingcivics; 12-20-2021 at 07:53 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Today was a good day, bodyguy sent me these two pics.

A friend of a friend knew the guy who sold it to the previous owner. I found him on messenger and have been sending pics but he jever read them until today.

It was his father's, he had inherited it and had needed some money getting married so he sold it to the previous owner who promised to keep it in good shape.

He had given up hearing about it again and figured it was scrapped or worse.

Needless to say it was a good day.

Bonus pic from 1999.Name:  IMG_20220121_133716.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  120.2 KBName:  received_726543598750408.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  80.3 KBName:  received_487621346323705~2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  59.1 KB

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Figured I should show the cars that have donated their lives to save this particular 1985.

The cut up green 1985 was sad to see. It was 190% rust free and had all the customary mods. Subframe connectors, beige gt interior, 351w, etc.

It met its end when a speed bike t-boned it in the drivers door and quarter and the rider flipped over and hit the other quarter. My friend bought it off someone who bought it from an insurance auction stripped most of the interior and 351w. He grabbed the hood and basically said do watcha want. The diff was bent as hell.

The other green Mustang was an 83 with a 79 front clip. At one point in its life it was hit hard in front, I actually pushed out the carlite windshield and there was 1 inch of gasket maker holding it in. The floors and torque boxes were so crunchy the lower arms ripped out rolling on the trailer. I had gotten it along with the capri/mustang gt mismatch I had. Name:  20200830_191011_HDR.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  130.5 KBName:  20200725_181854_HDR.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  151.8 KBName:  $_59 (1).jpg
Views: 149
Size:  179.8 KBName:  Resized_20200627_122738.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  141.6 KBName:  612559453.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  210.1 KB

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk