Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP User

thanks alot so I got the center console out! yay next on to the carpet to see if there is rust on the floor.. crossed fingers that there is none or little..
    1980 Ford Mustang hatch back and sunroof, 4 speed manual, possibly cracked block.
    Follow the project

1979 Ford Mustang notch back cloth covered hard top, automatic, some transmission problems.
    Follow the project

AjentX, there is an 81 Capri up here in Lynwood Wa. at the Pull-a-Part you might be able to get a roof from.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

FEP User

how much do those usually run? I mean it's kinda far to drive anyway lol.. and I'm kinda looking to get it going before I really put a lot into the body..
    1980 Ford Mustang hatch back and sunroof, 4 speed manual, possibly cracked block.
    Follow the project

1979 Ford Mustang notch back cloth covered hard top, automatic, some transmission problems.
    Follow the project

how much do those usually run?
    I have no idea. I got lucky and my son gave me an 87 GT as a donor so I pulled the roof off that.
    Dave

If common sense was common wouldn't it just be sense?

1983 Capri L T top 5.0 efi aod
    1983 Capri RS Turbo
    1981 Black Magic 400 c6
    93 F-250 351 5sp 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by AjentX View Post
    so.. long time no.. anything really.. well its been raining here for basically the entire winter and between school and girlfriends there's just no time to work but i did start again just yesterday! I've decided to just tear everything out from under the hood and get all new parts.. there's just to much rush and banged up broken stuff that i don't think i can really keep any of it..

i was (at first) looking to restore the original engine (2.3L N/A) but now it looks like it would be cheaper to just go ahead and get a 302 (5.0L) so it looks like that's what I'm going to do..

any suggestions where to start or ANYTHING would just be awesome.. thanks again guys.. I really hope/want this car to come out really good.. I want to take it on a road trip one day with some other mustangs
    Don't fall into the deception and chicken out on the 2.3. That 1/8th inch paint is also sound dampener.

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody View Post
    Don't fall into the deception and chicken out on the 2.3. That 1/8th inch paint is also sound dampener.
    oh ok.. so how much does that run usually to replace? (sound damper)
    also I was looking back at getting a 2.3 because I realized that I would also have to replace the intake, exaust, engine mounts, and I'm sure even more to make it even work with the 5.0.. LOL I also just think it would be really really cool to have in it what it came out of the factory with..

how much would a rebuild of the original engine be? (just
    estimation).. I'm pretty low on cash but again it would be so cool to use the engine it was built with..

also small update.. finally got all the carpets out and yet again to my amazment not to much rust at all.. under where the back seat was is the worst of it and all that is is surface rust.. there is a small crack under the driver side seat but I think just a weld will take care of that I'll have some new pics up pretty soon.. just need to find some time to so that lol
    Follow the project

Follow the project

FEP User

Just a small update.. rain sucks.. it makes me not be able to work on my masterpiece..
    Follow the project

Follow the project

FEP User

ok well got it all vacuumed.. and pulled off a lot of the sound damper.. but still need to wheel off the rust..

Passenger side floor

Front

Driver side floor (the crack in it..)

Back seats (the most rusted part)

Follow the project

Follow the project

FEP User

OK so small question.. the bumper on the front is plastic.. anyway i hit it with a power washer today to see if i could get some of the dirty gross off of it.. but where its black the greenish brown didn't wash off it just turned orange and some parts the black just turned orange.. so is this the paint coming off of the front, and can i just get it repainted (eventually)?
    Follow the project

Follow the project

FEP User

Quote Originally Posted by AjentX View Post
    OK so small question.. the bumper on the front is plastic.. anyway i hit it with a power washer today to see if i could get some of the dirty gross off of it.. but where its black the greenish brown didn't wash off it just turned orange and some parts the black just turned orange.. so is this the paint coming off of the front, and can i just get it repainted (eventually)?
    i'll get some pics of it soon..

not much work done.. just started my other project and getting that one figured out real quick then work will resume on this one.
    Follow the project

Follow the project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12