Close

Default 1985 summet point capri pace cars

anyone ever hear of them ?

when i was a little younger my dad told me a story about when he orderd a bran new mustang he even had put down the down payment on it but because he wanted tee tops the car was held up during production by now my dad is a little antsy then the salesmen from the ford dealer calls and says you have to come look at this car it is fast my dad says everyone who owns a 5.0 thinks its fast the salesmen says you dont understand this thing is fast so my dad goes and looks at the car its white with black around the bottom a sunroof and 5 speed they take it out for a test drive head out on a back road the salesmen says open her up so dad says okay (and this is when he looks at me and says this thing was FAST)lol after they get back to the dealership the salesmen tells him that this pasrticular capri is part of 50 1985 summet point capri pace cars he however didnt know what had been done to them to make them more badass than a 5.0 capri already was. so my dad bought the car drove,ran,raced the crap out of it and then something happend and the bank repoed the car

now thats what started my capri kick now i want further info on these summet point capri's

also during that year at summent point mercury finished 1 2 and 3 place

Sounds like a Grandprix Capri without the Stripes installed or removed. Which did happen.

link
    http://grandprix.mercurycapri.com/

It has been said time and time again that a 85/86 Capri was faster then the same year Mustang. Some say it was the bubble back hatch. If your dad still has the Vin. it would help figure it out.