Close

Default Extended cowl hood????

Who makes or has a 5" to 6" extended cowl hood for an 86. Also a 5.5" would work. A 5" is pushing it but would work.

TIA
    Mike

I couldnt find an extended one, but you could check these out

unlimited products has everything from 2.25-9" cowls but no extended it seems.
    MY GARAGE | SUPPORT THE 2.3
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top
    1993 Reef Blue LX 2.3 5spd

Where are you located? I got one if you are interested.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take."
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing right."

Thanks 1982 niGhTmare! I'll check out the site

Quote Originally Posted by Jixxer6 View Post
    Where are you located? I got one if you are interested.
    Sterling Heights, MI. but I know someone in IL. Can you send pictures to speedy@wowway.com

Thanks
    Mike

DO NOT GET A HOOD FROM ABC EXCLUSIVE !!!!!!!! Yes i'm shouting, their hoods are not good at all. i've got pics if anyone wants to see how bad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by 86_Notch View Post
    DO NOT GET A HOOD FROM ABC EXCLUSIVE !!!!!!!! Yes i'm shouting, their hoods are not good at all. i've got pics if anyone wants to see how bad they are.
    I've never even checked them out, but post the pics anyways so we all have an idea of what to watch out for
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

Really? I almost bought one from them. I know they have a 5" or 5.5" extended cowl for my 86. Glad I didn't do it. Thanks for the heads up

The hood is a pin on and is very flimsy. it would take about 10 dzuse fasteners to get it to fit right. the main problem is that the hood is too narrow overall. If you center the hood you will have a HUGE gap between the hood and fenders. I didn't measure it but it's at least 1/2 and inch on both sides. No my car hasn't been wrecked and my stock hood and H.O fibertrends hoods fit perfectly .

Thanks for posting up. Thats messed up that it's that bad, were they going to fix it or are you out of luck?

would you say the H.O. Fibertrends was worth the money? Its kinda hard to find hoods for us 79-82 guys
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

H.O Fibertrends and Cervinis are top notch, I've gotten 2 hoods from each of them. The quality is the best i've ever seen ( and i've seen more then my share of hoods ) . You will be very, very happy if you get a hood from either one of those companies.

H.O Fibertrends and Cervinis are top notch, I've gotten 2 hoods from each of them. The quality is the best i've ever seen ( and i've seen more then my share of hoods ) . You will be very, very happy if you get a hood from either one of those companies.
    Thanks! I know how well Cervinis is, but of course the 79-82 guys are left out and they said they wouldn't make them.

I would, when the time comes be interested in probably the 2" cowl from H.O. Fibertrends.
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    Thanks! I know how well Cervinis is, but of course the 79-82 guys are left out and they said they wouldn't make them.

I would, when the time comes be interested in probably the 2" cowl from H.O. Fibertrends.
    That's how i ended up with that crappy abc hood, neither company makes a cowl larger then 4 inch for a square light car.

That's how i ended up with that crappy abc hood, neither company makes a cowl larger then 4 inch for a square light car.
    Have you heard anything about unlimited products?
    They have cowls up to 9" tall.
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 niGhTmare View Post
    Have you heard anything about unlimited products?
    They have cowls up to 9" tall.

Waiting on his answer. I need to start looking really hard for one. I have to have the car done in time for Pinks All out in July. Car's almost 1/2 way done lol

i bought an unlimited products hood for my chevelle about 17 years ago and i wasn't impressed, it was pretty bad. However, a lot can change in 17 years so i can't say if they have gotten better or not. I considered them but i just couldn't shake the memory of the chevelle hood. If anyone else has experience with them i'd love to hear it .